Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#511 Lissie88

Lissie88
  • 12 posts
    • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

I asked my wedding coordinator If there was a new beach ceremony site being set up and she told me ..."Let me guess? You got this from a forum? Don't believe everything you read on there..." 😒

#512 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hi ladies. I posted a link to an article here the other day that I got. It talks about 40 million dollar upgrades. I'll try and find it again, or go back a few postings and you'll see it.

Here it is again for anyone that wants to take a look.

http://www.businessw...on#.VL3ji_0tHcd

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#513 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

I asked my wedding coordinator If there was a new beach ceremony site being set up and she told me ..."Let me guess? You got this from a forum? Don't believe everything you read on there..."

I agree, not everything that is posted here pans out. It's always good to double check everything with your WC :)

event.png

#514 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Well I pulled the trigger and booked the pier for October 20th. The coordinator that has been responding to my emails is Emma - anyone have comments good or bad? I guess this is step one....

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#515 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Well I pulled the trigger and booked the pier for October 20th. The coordinator that has been responding to my emails is Emma - anyone have comments good or bad? I guess this is step one....

Awesome! Congrats!! I'm working with Brigitte so no idea about Emma.

How much was the surcharge for the pier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#516 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Turns out its $350 and gives you similar stuff to the Sky Deck. I still don't have the full details - they're supposed to be sending them but that was yesterday. Nothing so far today so I'll probably call again tomorrow and ask. We're going off site for dinner so Azul is ceremony only, and it's a renewal so it should be short and sweet! I'm just in love with the pier!! lol  Do you stay with the person that is responding to your emails, or do they switch you over to someone else once you book?

event.png

#517 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

Turns out its $350 and gives you similar stuff to the Sky Deck. I still don't have the full details - they're supposed to be sending them but that was yesterday. Nothing so far today so I'll probably call again tomorrow and ask. We're going off site for dinner so Azul is ceremony only, and it's a renewal so it should be short and sweet! I'm just in love with the pier!! lol Do you stay with the person that is responding to your emails, or do they switch you over to someone else once you book?

I know some ladies email a general planning email. I've always dealt with Brigitte and she's been great. She takes maybe two days to respond, 3 tops. It might take a few days to get your welcome email.

$350 is really good! Especially when compared to the sky deck haha. I also loved the pier but we couldn't fit everyone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#518 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

does anyone know the dimensions of the whole sky deck? Last time i asked my WC I got sent the dimensions of the gazebo again :(

Edited by TinkerSofi, 22 January 2015 - 05:06 PM.

event.png

#519 Tanya4321

Tanya4321
    • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

I asked my wedding coordinator If there was a new beach ceremony site being set up and she told me ..."Let me guess? You got this from a forum? Don't believe everything you read on there..."

Hi ladies!
      That's what they told me there... They said that they just recently bought more beach area, and that they were planning to open another location on it... I don't know the timelines unfortunately...:(

#520 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Is there anything in the article I posted a few posts back?

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users