#41 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

@kmk2016 thanks for the info! Is this the stuff they serve around the pool bar and other bars as well? I've read somewhere that they are building a gin bar as well which seems exciting, kind of like the tequila bar at Azul Beach

From what I've been told yes- same stuff as around the resort. Beach has the tequila bar... Sensatori has the mojito bar with 16 versions and fives has gin coming.... Man I wish they allowed inter-property visits! They all sound delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Oh mojito bar sounds awesome, I didn't really like the beach from what I saw on trip advisor though at Sensatori....and inter-property visits would be awesome as well, I'm actually a bit surprised they don't allow this

#43 mazarin

mazarin
    • 28 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Azul Fives brides, If you only had the option of picking Sky Deck either for the ceremony or the reception, for which one would you pick it for?

Here are the options i'm thinking about. Please vote :D 

1) beach ceremony - Sky Deck reception.

2) Sky deck ceremony - sky deck reception.

3) Sky deck ceremony - garden reception

Help me out here.  :D

#44 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
    • 87 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
    • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Why not both? I'm having mine at both. Ceromony and reception :)

#45 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

@Lilgabri03 did you have to pay the sky deck fee twice to have both of them there?  @mazarinI would like to have both of them there too! If not possible I would go with garden ceremony and sky deck reception (C but reversed) :)

event.png

#46 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
    • 87 posts
    • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

@TinkerSofi, nope you just pay once. You only really pay for having the ceromony there. You get a bunch of stuff included in that $1700 as well. I do think the food for the reception is like an extra $10-$15 a person but I think it's worth it for those views! We will be doing our ceromony and reception there but our cocktail hour at the sky bar

#47 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

@Lilgabri03 thanks! I sent my deposit about a week ago but I still haven't received confirmation of the date we picked. Let's hope it's still available! I'm still in the dark about a lot of things but hopefully I'll get to ask someone soon :)

event.png

#48 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
    • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

I like the idea of a beach ceremony and sky deck or garden/pool reception, but that's just me, I want my toes in the sand when we say our vows!

Why is there such a high fee for the sky deck? And why do they charge you more per person to have the dinner up there? Seems a bit steep?

#49 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
      • 87 posts
      • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Dont worry @TinkerSofi you will hear something soon. Just be prepared when you do start planning, it will take weeks before you hear back from your coordinator about a question. So I just do about 15 questions per email.

@BDABeachBum. I know that with the ceremony you get white glove service, everyone get s a cocktail, there is acess to a live webcam for those who couldnt come, and a bunch of other stuff. They charge you more per person I am guessing because they dont have a restaurant right there and maybe because they have to carry it up the stairs? No idea on that one but I will ask my W.C. I am still working on planning my ceremony....one step at a time

#50 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

@Lilgabri03 I just hard back today! Yay! this is happening! I'm working on getting my guest's e-mails to send them the e-vite so they can start putting down their deposits! 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users