#421 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

@LuisaB I just told my WC in Playa that since I'm having so many people and giving their hotel a sh!t ton of money for all the guests, that I should get it waived. I'm still paying the cost per person for the cocktail party and the additional $8 fee, so I told them I think that's enough. She checked with her manager and they waived it. Which is awesome!! 

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#422 reynbow

reynbow
  • Site Supporter
  • 36 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

@LuisaB I just told my WC in Playa that since I'm having so many people and giving their hotel a sh!t ton of money for all the guests, that I should get it waived. I'm still paying the cost per person for the cocktail party and the additional $8 fee, so I told them I think that's enough. She checked with her manager and they waived it. Which is awesome!!

Which WC in Playa did you negotiate with?

#423 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

By the way, girls! Be happy you guys are getting responses back in 72 hours.i am dealing with the resort directly not Miami and it takes at least a week for a response if not longer!

#424 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

@reynbow The WC I had at the time was Andrea. She's not my WC anymore though.

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#425 Elyd

Elyd
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hello, I like the idea of having a candy bar in apothecary jars , does anyone know if we are allowed to bring our own chocolates and things or would they charge for that too??, and what if I pack the chocolates and things as in a favour pretty box, would they allow it or charge for that as well ?? Thanks for your help!!

#426 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hello, I like the idea of having a candy bar in apothecary jars , does anyone know if we are allowed to bring our own chocolates and things or would they charge for that too??, and what if I pack the chocolates and things as in a favour pretty box, would they allow it or charge for that as well ?? Thanks for your help!!

that's a very good question to which I don't have the answer haha. We're planning on putting edible favours in little boxes as well but I guess I should ask if we're allowed and if they also count as part of the set up fee. We're paying set up fees anyway so I don't think it will make much of a difference whether they charge us for them or not

event.png

#427 JM2

JM2
    • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yay,

soon to be an Azul fives bride!

September 17th 2015! :)

Has anyone had the wedding and reception on the rooftop deck yet? Just wondering how breezy things can get up there?!

#428 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 338 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hello ladies,

Azul Fives is a great place for weddings, take a look at this wonderful wedding full of unforgettable moments.

Happy planning!

#429 andreaberretta

andreaberretta
        • 31 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives, Riviera Maya
        • LocationMonterrey, Mexico

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hey girls! I'm sorry I've been so busy!

Lorena made like a deal so that I won't be paying anything for her, but I don't really know if that will happen. If not, there's a vendor fee for 150dlls, maybe that's what I'll be paying. 

I started a new Blog for us, and I'll be posting every single detail I found about suppliers, decoration and other negotiations! 

Here's the link if you want to follow it,

http://www.bestdesti...ves-hotel-2015/

My email is andreita.brta@gmail.com if you have any questions I can answer quicker there!

@TinkerSofi it's not that far from the rooms, but in my opinion the distance is really perfect for the noise in the rooms. 

Imagine it's a long rectangle, on the top (the front desk) there's that and a little plaza with stores, and a bar. Then there's the Spa and Gym. And then the rooms start, their like Villas as the picture, then there are green gardens and a tennis court, the big Salon for also events indoors, and then there's the Club aside from the pool. And then the beach. 

I hope you understand my description jajaja 

#430 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hey girls! I'm sorry I've been so busy!

Lorena made like a deal so that I won't be paying anything for her, but I don't really know if that will happen. If not, there's a vendor fee for 150dlls, maybe that's what I'll be paying. 

I started a new Blog for us, and I'll be posting every single detail I found about suppliers, decoration and other negotiations! 

Here's the link if you want to follow it,

http://www.bestdesti...ves-hotel-2015/

My email is andreita.brta@gmail.com if you have any questions I can answer quicker there!

@TinkerSofi it's not that far from the rooms, but in my opinion the distance is really perfect for the noise in the rooms. 

Imagine it's a long rectangle, on the top (the front desk) there's that and a little plaza with stores, and a bar. Then there's the Spa and Gym. And then the rooms start, their like Villas as the picture, then there are green gardens and a tennis court, the big Salon for also events indoors, and then there's the Club aside from the pool. And then the beach. 

I hope you understand my description jajaja 

thanks! I'll make sure to follow the blog along :). I think the walk would be nice to the beach, considering the fact that I usually stuff my face the second I get to an AI hahah

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users