879 replies to this topic

#351 mazarin

mazarin
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

Hi ladies,

Any of you has dimensions and number of string lights to be hung at the garden? How many do i need? and at what length?

#352 andreaberretta

andreaberretta
  • 31 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives, Riviera Maya
  • LocationMonterrey, Mexico

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

@andreaberretta

Sounds like you have an outside wedding planner who is helping you negotiate with the Karisma coordinators.  Is this correct?  Because I was told by my Miami WC, Brigitte Castro, that the latest that private events can end is 11 pm.  And I'm requesting late night tacos for our event.  If you are using an outside wedding coordinator, are you paying an outside vendor fee?  Or are you paying for a day pass for Lorena to be there during your wedding? 

I'm considering hiring an outside wedding planner.  I'm just not sure how beneficial it would be.  Because from what folks say on this forum, the on-site coordinators really take care of you, while the Miami ones do not. 

If anyone has any thoughts on having an outside planner vs. sticking to the on-site coordinators at the hotel, please share!

Hello!! Yes exactly, I'm having an outside planner, but she didn't negotiate that stuff, I did on my own ! I found out that paying for the cocktail helped me win more hours until the reception started. There's no limit of time if you pay extra hours, but the cheapest way is the one I'm doing. Maybe you should talk to the Hotel's Coordinator and negotiate that option directly!

#353 sbjzmex

sbjzmex
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

My coordinator is now telling me that the free GIWC Cocktail Event is only 1-hour (not 2-hours as she originally told me).  Is anyone else using the GIWC cocktail event?  And if so, how long is it?  Thanks!

#354 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

I think the free cocktail hour is in fact only 1 hr.... But if you qualify for unlimited private events you could double up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#355 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'm ok with an hour cocktail hour. That would only leave half an hour between the end of it and our reception :) and it gives people a chance to freshen up before. I convinced the fiancé to extend our reception until 12 . I just have to fight for the $9pp rate

event.png

#356 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

I just set this up with my WC and she was firm on the fact that it would cost me $10pp over 50 people and that I could not modify or upgrade the event in anyway.  You also got them to waive the Sky Wedding Fee too because of the amount of people you are having?  

That's so odd because they're not charging me for the extra guests for the welcome cocktail party. For the cocktail party after the ceremony and before the reception, I'm paying $8/per person, but not paying the sky deck fee, which is where I'm having the cocktail party. It's probably because I have such a large group coming so they know they're making their money in other ways. 

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#357 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

I was just going through their unlimited events details and it says that you get a 2 hr cocktail hour. Are we talking about the one that the GIC TA gives you? 

Oh and apparently these free events are only for US markets now?! Well I'm glad I took a screen shot of this when we booked. Being paranoid has finally paid off. 

Edited by TinkerSofi, 01 October 2014 - 07:34 AM.

event.png

#358 sbjzmex

sbjzmex
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

I think the free cocktail hour is in fact only 1 hr.... But if you qualify for unlimited private events you could double up!

The free unlimited events promotion is is only for weddings held from 1-Jun to 22-Dec next year at Azul Fives, so unfortunately we don't qualify since our wedding is in May.  

#359 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

@MrsHK it is you! Sorry we can't have string lights at the sky deck, we really wanted them, but we're still working on designing how we want things to look. I'll probably contact you closer to the wedding to rent some stuff from you :). I think renting things locally as much as we can is the way to go :). I hate hauling a lot of luggage :P

event.png

#360 MrsHK

MrsHK
  • Vendor
  • 317 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
  • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

@MrsHK it is you! Sorry we can't have string lights at the sky deck, we really wanted them, but we're still working on designing how we want things to look. I'll probably contact you closer to the wedding to rent some stuff from you :). I think renting things locally as much as we can is the way to go :). I hate hauling a lot of luggage :P

That's too bad about the sky deck not allowing string lighting. I'm sure the twinkle of the stars and whatever lighting you choose to have on your tables will be just as beautiful!  :)  You've got lots of time to decide on your decor, don't worry. Let me know if you need a hand with any decisions along the way, I'd be happy to help! I love looking at other bride's Pinterest boards to see if I can suggest stuff! I may be married now but I'm still wedding obsessed.  :D

Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users