http://www.ustream.tv/search?q=azul+fives My WC just sent me this link to videos of ceremony's on the sky deck. Thought I'd share in case it's helpful to any one. #gripthatveilingood!!

thanks for the videos! That is so useful. I agree that for the ceremony less is more. It's just so pretty up there. I definitely thought the terrace was bigger though.

After seeing all that wind I know my hair has to go up if I don't want a big tangly mess by the end of the night. I'm wearing a longer veil so veil weights are a must! I'm going to need like 50 of those haha. 

I believe the gazebos are the same size as over at Sensatori- so check with official Sensatori thread and you should see the dimension and recommended lenghts for shears for decor. Also, Fabricland in Northland Shoppes apparently has a good selection of bolts, for a cost of about $25-$50 for the entire bolt... or amazon has been helpful for many brides.

@@kmk2016 - Question for you. This may be a really stupid question. What is a bolt? Ha!

My wedding coordinator sent me the dimensions of the gazebo with a picture of it. If you want me to email you the picture, let me know. It's 8.10 ft wide, 9.4 ft long and 8 ft tall. I hope that makes sense. 

Ooh I just saw I could attach the photo! So I did!

post-275598-0-44170500-1404839143_thumb.jpg

Edited by khmciver

@@kmk2016 - Question for you. This may be a really stupid question. What is a bolt? Ha!

My wedding coordinator sent me the dimensions of the gazebo with a picture of it. If you want me to email you the picture, let me know. It's 8.10 ft wide, 9.4 ft long and 8 ft tall. I hope that makes sense.

Hmmmm that's not the same gazebo that is over at Sensatori, so good thing you checked! It must be azul beach and el dorado that have the same as the sky deck at sensatori.

A "bolt" is how fabric is sold before cutting off and measuring lengths. It's basically a standard amount of fabric that is wrapped around a cardboard centre. When buying large quantity of cloth it's often cheaper to buy one large piece (the entire bolt) than cut the fabric. The WC will measure and cut it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It looks like it has courtains for the fabrics. Interesting, I don't even know if I want to open that can of worms haha. I thought it was just fabric that goes accross the top

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to send out my invites this weekend and I would like to update our website with the wedding events so people can already see them. I'm having some issues because I don't know if we will have a cocktail hour or not. We're basically having one only if it's free and I think we will be able to get the 20 rooms but I don't want to count with that before actually having it. 

Another thing is that two hours for a cocktail party seems quite long. Ideally, I think an hour of family and couple pictures would be enough and then we can get the party started :). Is that an unrealistic expectation? I just think some pictures of our reception and being able to get our first dance in there is more important than having a zillion couple pictures. The problem is that if we have a two hour cocktail, the hours that we hired the photographer for will run out before we get to the first dances and those "milestones" of the reception. 

Any suggestions? If I get the free cocktail hour, can I make it one hour long? Do you guys think an hour is enough to get family and couples pictures? 

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to send out my invites this weekend and I would like to update our website with the wedding events so people can already see them. I'm having some issues because I don't know if we will have a cocktail hour or not. We're basically having one only if it's free and I think we will be able to get the 20 rooms but I don't want to count with that before actually having it. 

Another thing is that two hours for a cocktail party seems quite long. Ideally, I think an hour of family and couple pictures would be enough and then we can get the party started :). Is that an unrealistic expectation? I just think some pictures of our reception and being able to get our first dance in there is more important than having a zillion couple pictures. The problem is that if we have a two hour cocktail, the hours that we hired the photographer for will run out before we get to the first dances and those "milestones" of the reception. 

Any suggestions? If I get the free cocktail hour, can I make it one hour long? Do you guys think an hour is enough to get family and couples pictures? 

If your cocktail hour is directly following your ceremony- you will likely take 1/2 hr minimum to get out of there and escape for pictures. people will want to hug and congratulate you... and it will take a while to make your escape, so 2 hrs may be a better option. (nothing's stopping people from leaving quickly to go back to their room after 1 drink and freshen up- but it allows something in case others choose to want to mingle with other guests before reception.  As for the website- you could say "Cocktails- location TBD (If you dont get the free event, you can designate a public bar for your guests to meet up at and change the wording on the website to casual cocktails).... in the Itinerary section of our website, we simply said "Check back for details on our special day and a schedule of events. For now, please note that most guests (Including ourselves) will be arriving to Mexico on _____, ______ 20__. and departing Thursday_______,________ 20__. When we have all our RSVPs back and we are closer to the wedding date, I will be reminding people to check the website for details of the week's festivities.

@@kmk2016 that's a great idea! I might have to pay another hour for the photographer to get the pictures I want haha, but I think for now Cocktail location TBD is the best way to go. I'll make it a two hour break then between the ceremony and reception. I guess I didn't account for the fact that people want to mingle right after but that makes sense. 

@@sueann20 aw no are you having to pay the increased prices? I think I JUST about got away with paying the lower! Decoration wise we're having the pure glam memorable moments table deco for reception and because the ceremony and reception is set up the same time on the sky deck I've asked if I can have the gold chivari chairs from my tables moved over for the ceremony as they will be up there anyway! My WC said she'll get back to me lol. We're hiring 2 white sheers for the gazebo and 2 floral crowns for the gazebo.

Can't find the post about someone asking about a dance floor area on the sky deck, but I really wanted a designated area for dancing but I sooo refuse to pay $1300 for a led dance floor!! I think I've got round the issue! I've just bought 2 LED disco lights off Amazon for $65 in total delivered with really good reviews, that are small, lightweight but the lights cover a good amount of floor space. The deck is tiled anyway so perfect for having a groove on. I've asked my WC if they will be an extension that I can plug them into and she said yes this will be fine.