Photo

Generations Riviera Maya 2015 Weddings (And 2014 Too)

generations riviera maya grm karisma el dorado royale 2015 Brides

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#11 omontes

omontes
  • Vendor
  • 187 posts
    • LocationCancun

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hello @girlinthecity97,

I am getting Married At GRM May 2015. Very excited! My deposits for my guests are due 4/18, so we will see how that goes.

Congrats rtscent!

Every time is more closer the day of your wedding, is exciting to hear all that and plan what they will do!

We wish the best for all of you, we are photographers and we also do videography, capturing those moments that will not return ever on that special day!

Please take a look at our photography work http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Playa Mujeres

Starting Sunset

We are so happy for you, and would be a pleasure to be with you that day!!

Have a nice day, Grettings!  :)

#12 rtscent

rtscent
    • 74 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 25, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

@girlinthecity97 I think I would prefer either the new chapel or the sky terrace for the ceremony. I also need to see options for the reception. I do not want to do a private beach reception because its not all that private and I don't want too many looky loos around. I have not picked out invitations, I'm going to send them out around October or November of this year. I should have a guest count by then. My invitations will be more of a package of information, any little luggage tags ,etc.

I'm hoping my guests book too  :blink: Everything is sort of up in the air until I get that preliminary guest count. In the meantime, I'm going to look for a dress this sat. 

Are you having bridesmaids? I'm up in the air on if I should have bridesmaids or not since everyone is traveling and spending $$ to attend the wedding

#13 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
    • Site Supporter
    • 358 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

@rtscent - we are doing the sky terrace. i was sold on it from the pics and concept but my fiance fell in love with the one at azul beach. i hear you about not wanting a bunch of looky loos or worse, half dressed folks in the background of pictures LOL, though i think my photog is skilled enough to either edit that out or avoid them.  :rolleyes: depending on the number of guests, we may have to go with a beach reception, which would also work out nicely because my fiance originally wanted to get married on the beach (until he saw the sky deck). he still feels something should happen on the beach so either our reception or welcome cocktail reception (or maybe both!) will be on the beach. i'd prefer the reception be on solid ground though..like a nice terrace that's partially ac and partially night breeze. 

i hear you about being on pins until the preliminary head count. it drives SO much. 

i haven't started looking at dresses. i'm trying to get 30 lbs down before doing so, that way when i lose another 15 or so, it's just a matter of alterations and not having to get a new dress. 

bridesmaids - just one, my sister, who will be matron of honor. initially, i was sad about this, but now i'm actually really happy - it is so stress free. the reason i have one is because my fiance is a bit of a loner and only has one friend he wanted to stand with him. since it's just her, i told her to find a really nice black or navy colored cocktail dress she likes. i don't want her to spend money on a bridesmaid dress she isn't honestly going to wear again. i would do the same if i was having bridesmaids. our wedding is going to be classic black and white - who doesn't need a great little black dress?

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#14 rtscent

rtscent
    • 74 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Sounds like a nice plan @girlinthecity97 My cousin who got married in Jamaica said not having a bunch of bridesmaids really made it stress free and fun. I'll follow up with GRM on the sky terrace when it is ready. Thanks for the head's up with that

#15 hanaefaith

hanaefaith
    • 22 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

I have confirmed for a wedding next year in March 21, 2015! I will be having my wedding ceremony in the chapel and reception in the pier. Expecting at most 90 guests. Good luck to everyone planning!

#16 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
      • Site Supporter
      • 358 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

@rtscent - thanks & no prob. I just saw a pic of the chapel on trip advisor and it looks really cute! :) I had to move on before I get torn on which location. 

@hanaefaith - YAY!! MAJOR CONGRATS!!! I'm sure you are beyond excited and relieved to have that part behind you. I know I was. I broke out in a dance! Hope your planning is going well! Have you done your save the dates?  

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

#17 travelgal78

travelgal78
      • Site Supporter
      • 88 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 16, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Ceremony at Marina Maroma/Reception at El Dorado Royale
      • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

@rtscent We visited about 3 weeks ago

*~Leslie~* :wub:

#18 hanaefaith

hanaefaith
      • 22 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

@girlinthecity97 -- i've decided to skip out on the save the dates to save money and just go straight to doing the invitations. planning to send the invitations end of summer! :)

have y'all heard any reviews about Mike Cantarell videography services?

#19 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
        • Site Supporter
        • 358 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:13 AM

@hanaefaith - nice!  I'm working on mine now. I just keep changing my mind. On the one hand, I don't want to spend a lot and want to keep it really simple because I know they'll ultimately end up in most people's trash.  But at the same time, I LOOOOOOVVEEE stationary and keep thinking I should somehow tie in the fact we are having a wedding in Mexico. Hopefully your invitation process is going smoother than mine. :) 

I haven't heard much about Mike Cantarell. I'm really torn about whether or not I want to cough up another $800 for video or just go with whoever is on Lomas' list. I really wish they'd expand the preferred vendors. We already have our photog and he's NOT on the list.  :rolleyes:

#20 rtscent

rtscent
        • 74 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

@girlinthecity97 I did really simple postcard size STD. They came out really nice. I used www.overnightprints.com, very reasonable. I paid $97 for 100 front and back full color with uv spot treatment on the front. My friend who is a graphic designer laid the artwork out for me. I got them in about 2 days, I would highly recommend them. I plan on using overnight prints for my "brochure style" invitations as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users