Photo

Anyone Else Having Trouble Choosing A Resort?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 MandM2014

MandM2014
  • 65 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya (not sure of the resort)

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Did they inform you where they typically hold the receptions at for Generations?

Do you know if they are doing the beach beds at Generations…something picky I know but my fiancé and I really enjoy those.

#12 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

The receptions will be held at the restaurants or possibly on the beach like they do at the sister properties. There were Bali beds on the beach but none yet poolside. They did have the submerged tile beds/loungers in the pool. The 1st floor suites had jucuzzis and the ability to swim out into the pool.I also think they had the tile bed/lounger.

Edited by girlinthecity97, 26 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#13 MandM2014

MandM2014
  • 65 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya (not sure of the resort)

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thanks so much!!  I just e-mailed our TA to get more information on prices.  She is going to kill me considering we put down a $200 deposit but I just want to make sure we are choosing the right resort!

#14 KaraEbeth

KaraEbeth
  • Site Supporter
  • 93 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

@girlinthecity97 thanks for the info! I am also considering EDR but am also considering AS, EDSS, and Now Jade.
Did the EDR seem to large for a destination wedding group to you? I'm afraid it will be hard to get everyone together since it's such a huge resort. Also, I've read complaints about the beach. Thanks!

#15 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hi @KaraEbeth - Yes, EDR is really large! So large, they used golfcarts to take everyone around during the site visit.  Granted, the group touring was really large and part of a bigger event (Bride's Dress Rehearsal), the couples we met who stayed there said it was so large they hadn't seen all of the resort.  They said they saw more on the tour than during their stay.  I think it is perfect for the couple who wants to meet up with their guests at certain times of the wedding weekend or bump into people here and there.  If you want more of an intimate feel without potentially feeling on top of each other, I think AS is a better fit. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#16 KaraEbeth

KaraEbeth
  • Site Supporter
  • 93 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Thank you @girlinthecity97!

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Don't forget to register for the Azul Beach, Azul Sensatori, and Generations Riviera Maya Wedding Webinar on Saturday February 22, 2014 @ 9:00am PST.

This will be a great time to learn about the resort, ask questions for your wedding, etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users