6 replies to this topic

#1 EllDee

EllDee
  • 41 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 9, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationGrande Prairie, AB

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey Everyone! I've been creeping the forums for almost a month and have decided that I should probably just sign up so I'm only half as creepy. 

I, like all of us, am marrying my best friend.  It's been a crazy journey after we watched each other date many of the wrong people, while being extra vocal about bad choices. Then one day three years ago we thought that maybe we should actually date each other instead of criticize the crazies we had a tendency to date.

Well after two long distance moves, a university graduation and a disastrous engagement night (my cat died right before he had planned on proposing New Years Eve) here we are!

We've decided on a destination wedding to avoid having people arrive who we don't really want to come but are obligated to invite. Maybe a little selfish, but it's our wedding. 

We've selected the date of July 9, 2015, my grandma's & grandpa's anniversary. We have not picked a location due to the fact of how do you choose just one?!  

I really look forward to sharing this journey with all of you and wish you all a calm, and peaceful journey :)

LD.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry about your kitty :(

you can start by reading reviews or blogs, chatting in the different forums....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hey Everyone! I've been creeping the forums for almost a month and have decided that I should probably just sign up so I'm only half as creepy. 

I, like all of us, am marrying my best friend.  It's been a crazy journey after we watched each other date many of the wrong people, while being extra vocal about bad choices. Then one day three years ago we thought that maybe we should actually date each other instead of criticize the crazies we had a tendency to date.

Well after two long distance moves, a university graduation and a disastrous engagement night (my cat died right before he had planned on proposing New Years Eve) here we are!

We've decided on a destination wedding to avoid having people arrive who we don't really want to come but are obligated to invite. Maybe a little selfish, but it's our wedding. 

We've selected the date of July 9, 2015, my grandma's & grandpa's anniversary. We have not picked a location due to the fact of how do you choose just one?!  

I really look forward to sharing this journey with all of you and wish you all a calm, and peaceful journey :)

LD.

Welcome to the forum EllDee, We are wedding planners in the Riviera Maya, we specialize in coordination wedding at Private locations and at Resorts.   Sorry to hear about your cat.  

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#4 EllDee

EllDee
    • 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 9, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationGrande Prairie, AB

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Thanks for the condolences for my kitty!  She was old, and although I'm sad that she's gone she had already been on 3 years of borrowed time.  

I'm also very excited to look at wedding stuff!

#5 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
    • 308 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

LD.

Congratulations! Happy planning!

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Welcome to the forum, EllDee, and Congrats on your engagement and upcoming destination wedding!!! as you've probably already seen from checking out the forums, there's tons of great info, advice and support from all the resources you find here!

Wishing you happy research and planning, and that your Big Day is Everything you wish for - or Even More!

here's a photo of one of those magical wedding "moments that matter" captured at the Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres....to give you a visual of one of the numerous options available in our incomparable Mayan Riviera...with more at the album here: Beloved Hotel Wedding  .....enjoy :)

1606881_10152140959134487_1607593742_n.j

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 amy330

amy330
      • 152 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dream Riviera Cancun
      • LocationPuerto Morale, Mexico

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

What a story...congratulations!  I hope you find everything you need on the site.  Happy planning!!!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users