15 replies to this topic

#1 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

curious what other brides out there think of Lomas travel?

Any past brides that can provide pics of set ups? flowers? etc?

The pics on the website are terrible!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Are you getting married at a Karisma Hotel?

Here are some pics of the newest Karisma Wedding Collections:

Vintage Elegance

Sophisticated Soiree

Pure Glamour

Majestic Flair

Colonial Charm

Coastal Bliss

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

@talicea7812 - If they allow me to do so, I'll take pics next week & share them with you when I get back. I'm going to the Bride's Dress Rehearsal which I believe is sponsored by Lomas and from the youtube I saw they have sample set ups there.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#4 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

@ Tammy Host

Yes im getting married at Azul however none of the pre-set options work for me.  My theme is peacock :)

@girlinthecity

I wish I had had the opportunity to do the dress rehearsal.  I guess it will be a nice surprise when I get there :)

#5 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

@talicea7812 - no worries. i'll take notes and also pics of the setups. let me know if you have any specific questions and i will ask those too! i almost didn't have this opportunity because df was VERY against it on a number of levels.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

#6 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

@girlinthecity97

why were u against it?

I see pros and cons to going v not...

#7 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

My fiance was against it, not me! :) He's the "numbers" guy and didn't see it making sense budget wise & in general. I disagreed & ultimately won out.  The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the guest list battle. My list is way longer than his and he's "warning" me about making cuts. We'll see about that  :ph34r:

#8 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

when u say making cuts...how many if you could invite all would u be inviting?

Like I mentioned b4 I don't have a lot of friends.  My fiancĂ© is another story.  He's everyone's best friend :) its part of the reason we did destination...to help cut numbers.  if we were at home he would have invited like 200ppl!   For at home he was having trouble narrowing it down to 120!

In the end we invited 80.   At this point we'll be lucky to have 20 going. I think Azul is pretty but I wish I spent more time researching b4 booking.  My travel agent friend recommended Azul and palace & since Azul was a lil cheaper I just went for it. Azul is def on the pricier side of things. and since its not in cancun...im worried about things to do. when I stayed at dreams we were right on the main strip...it was a good location.

#9 KScheer

KScheer
  • 34 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

@girlinthecity97 Ohh I would love to hear how your visit goes with Lomas! When our wedding dates gets closer I'll have to deal with them and I like things perfect :)

@talicea7812 - I saw you mentioned not having much to do. Playa del Carmen is 10 min away. I've been before. Its pretty with cobblestone streets with shops, restaurants and bars (Senor Frogs & Coco Bongo is there) your guests can also take a ferry right out of Playa del Carmen over to Cozumel for the day/night.

Just thought I'd share.

#10 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

KScheer'>thanks @KScheer!

sounds awesome! I thought coco bongo was cancun.  that's my only regret about the last mexico trip...really wanted to check that place out

btw...does the cheer in ur name have anything to do with cheerleading :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users