Who To Invite?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mgrove

Mgrove
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'm new to the site! My fiancé and I got engaged after 8 years and one son together in Rivera maya at the grand royal princess!!

We are getting married in February 2015!! I'm not sure who to invite. Do we just invite the close family members or do we include cousins and the people I would invite if I were having a wedding at home?

Please help I'm very confuses!!

#2 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
  • LocationCancun

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I would invite whoever i think its a big part of my life and had kept in touch :)

#3 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

CONGRATS!  I too am a February 2015 bride.  Ultimately, I think it depends on your budget and how many you "guestimate" will actually attend. I feel our destination budget is more flexible than a non-destination one would be so I opened up the list to other people I wouldn't necessarily be able to invite (e.g., cousins, coworkers, etc...). Also, I guestimate that more than 1/2 of my relatives will not attend, so I feel including including others will offset that. 

Oorrr what @Carlicardenas said! :) 

Edited by girlinthecity97, 15 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#4 gexton71

gexton71
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

wedding is a big & happiest day of life You must invite All your friends and family members & don't forgot me :D

All the best

#5 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
    • 198 posts
    • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
    • LocationCancun

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

i am also having trouble with inviting people to my wedding. see im in love with this part of the hotel that only fits 60 people and i know (based on calculations) we will be more (at least i hope) yet i wouldnt "mind" to be 60 so i can have it there.. but i wont know until the day they all rsvp./. and this place mught already be booked... i now.. for each person they are charging me money for each single event i will have.. like rehersal (dinner open bar) Ceremony (toast) cocktail hour (appetizers and open bar) reception (dinner open bar etc)... and there are some people that i know through my parents but they really dont know my fiance that "expect" to be invited and i dont understand .. so this is why i think you should only invite people that you really care to spend the happiest day of your life with..  :)

#6 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
    • 308 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

I'm new to the site! My fiancé and I got engaged after 8 years and one son together in Rivera maya at the grand royal princess!!

We are getting married in February 2015!! I'm not sure who to invite. Do we just invite the close family members or do we include cousins and the people I would invite if I were having a wedding at home?

Please help I'm very confuses!!

My FI and I are inviting everyone we would have invited if we had a wedding in our City. We also know that most of them wouldn't come because its costly and timely for people to use their vacation days on us. We both felt that leaving people out of the guest list would cause drama, hurt feelings or make people feel like they were wanted around to celebrate during our special day. I would rather someone say they can't come over why wasn't I invited.

We picked a hotel that was all inclusive including the wedding (unless we upgrade to a few things) so we don't have to worry about paying extra for people.

#7 ajlloyd15

ajlloyd15
    • Site Supporter
    • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

We are inviting everyone that we would have invited if we had our wedding at home which, I had thought would be a small wedding regardless of where it is but the list just keeps getting longer, which has turned out fine. I just added something into the invitation stating we understand that not everyone can make it, and left the rest up to the people we invited whether they felt they could make it or not. 

#8 tesa

tesa
      • 170 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

I would say 2-3 times more than you budget for. We invited a good amount of people, but are pretty sure many won't come. Even though people know they aren't coming, they still want an invitation to send gifts.

#9 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
      • 309 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
      • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

I have this same dilemma. We want to invite people so they are not insulted but honestly we just want family and a friend or so.

#10 megan224

megan224
      • 155 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 27, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta cana,
      • LocationMajestic elegance

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

We invited anyone we would to a regular wedding at home.  We were so excited to see all the responses of people who were interested in going to our destination wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users