9 replies to this topic

#1 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
  • LocationCancun

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Hello ladies, are you guys doing sweetheart tables? What are the decorations? Where to look for real inspiration (stuff you can take with you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

(Hi again):

We have a tiny bridal party (his bestie, my sister, my 9 y/o niece and maybe my college bestie's 2 little girls as flower girls) so I think we will have to do a sweetheart table. I plan to hit up pinterest for ideas & found a few ideas in Martha Stewart Weddings' style & decoration edition. I plan to buy most of my stuff from Michael's, Home Goods and Etsy.

What about you?
~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#3 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCancun

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

(Hi again):

We have a tiny bridal party (his bestie, my sister, my 9 y/o niece and maybe my college bestie's 2 little girls as flower girls) so I think we will have to do a sweetheart table. I plan to hit up pinterest for ideas & found a few ideas in Martha Stewart Weddings' style & decoration edition. I plan to buy most of my stuff from Michael's, Home Goods and Etsy.

What about you?

im still debating on my colors.. i really havent found THE pallete that i would like to follow for my wedding colors, thinking silver/blush/purple violet :s i am not sure right now.

I looked for ideas on pinterest but most of them are for different "themes" than what i envision :(..

#4 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

did you try the knot, wedding wire or wedding bee.com? wedding wire had a good post re color pallets that a friend used to help her create her vision (http://www.weddingwi...ing-colors.html).  i think the colors you have in mind could be really nice...maybe have the blush and purple as the dominant colors with silver for accents? 

is your ceremony & reception both outdoors? two of my friends who had dw suggested i take into account the scenery and not stress about details as much because people remembered the beach or terrace reception and the beauty around them more than there centerpieces. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#5 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCancun

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

did you try the knot, wedding wire or wedding bee.com? wedding wire had a good post re color pallets that a friend used to help her create her vision (http://www.weddingwi...ing-colors.html).  i think the colors you have in mind could be really nice...maybe have the blush and purple as the dominant colors with silver for accents? 

is your ceremony & reception both outdoors? two of my friends who had dw suggested i take into account the scenery and not stress about details as much because people remembered the beach or terrace reception and the beauty around them more than there centerpieces. 

i worry about center pieces for the sake of the pictures lol its gonna be on a terrace so thats the only decoration i can have i think :s i will try the link you sent!

#6 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

I posted some fun ideas about this last year! Check it out here: http://www.bestdesti...le-inspiration/

#7 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
  • 308 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

I never thought about doing one for the destination wedding (I did if we were going to do one in our City) but last night my FI told  me he wanted one. So I guess I have t start planning one  :D

#8 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCancun

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

I posted some fun ideas about this last year! Check it out here: http://www.bestdesti...le-inspiration/

Thank you! your wedding was beautiful :)

I never thought about doing one for the destination wedding (I did if we were going to do one in our City) but last night my FI told  me he wanted one. So I guess I have t start planning one  :D

I think I can make a simple yet elegnat one with stuff i can take from here :)

#9 mckievme

mckievme
  • 183 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I love all the ideas being tossed around. I want to make an elegant setup, but I've been concerned shout how I would do that without bringing down 8 extra suitcases haha!

#10 Chrysta

Chrysta
  • 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Love the ideas! Thanks ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users