Photo

RE: wax seals for invitations

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shannon

shannon
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

Hey guys- found a cool website that does wax seals-----that are stick-on- sounded cheasy at first- but they look good on the website.... You can even design your own monogram!

Peel and Stick Wax Seals and Wax Seal items by Waxent®

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

These are pretty cool, thank you for sharing.

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

oohh, thanks!

#4 jak27

jak27
        • 715 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

That's fabulous! I almost bought the wax monogram thing from Paper Source just couldn't see FI & I sitting down with a glue gun sealing thank-you cards! This is a great alternative. Thanks!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

I love this idea, I didn't think it was corny at all. I originally wanted to do this and seal it with a hibiscus stamp or something. Thanks for the site!

#6 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
            • 278 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

I also saw some wax seals on this site http://www.mygatsby....ories/seals.jsp for a reasonable price but I am not sure how the peel ones might look versus the real ones. I really want to do real ones but I am not sure if the postal service will mess them up.

Now, I just have to figure out if I want to do the wax seal? I think it's really pretty but some people suggest only if you are hand delivering the invitations because the post office doesn't like to run them through the machine. But I was thinking of maybe putting them on the inner envelope. What do you ladies think? Has anyone done wax seals for mailing invitations?

#7 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

We are going to be doing real wax seals, You can buy the supplies pretty cheap at Michael's. They even have a "D" for my new last name...Drew =)

We are going to be using 2 envelopes

#8 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
                • 278 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Great!! Thanks!! That gives me confidence!! I am going to do them, the real ones. I am also buying my wax from MIchaels but the stamp I've had for years. Since my parents are paying for the wedding, the seal will be their last name initial/my current last name initial. I'll do them on the inside envelope and hope for the best!

Originally Posted by skadow 

We are going to be doing real wax seals, You can buy the supplies pretty cheap at Michael's. They even have a "D" for my new last name...Drew =)

We are going to be using 2 envelopes

#9 skadow

skadow
                  • Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ 

Great!! Thanks!! That gives me confidence!! I am going to do them, the real ones. I am also buying my wax from MIchaels but the stamp I've had for years. Since my parents are paying for the wedding, the seal will be their last name initial/my current last name initial. I'll do them on the inside envelope and hope for the best!

We are going to do ours in about a month. If you do yours before that let me know how they turn out! and pictures =)

#10 hzak1203

hzak1203
                    • 177 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Very cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users