Photo

Karla's Wedding Pictures - Sunset Da Mona Lisa

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 KARLA

KARLA
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

Sorry, I logged off last night shortly after my last message.

Our first dance was to At Last by Etta James. That would be a good one... not sure if it was just too slow.... and I know, predictable, but that's the only song that teared me up! Esp, since I really thought about Tim, "geez, finally I found you!!"

#32 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

i loved seeing more pics - gorgeous!!!
      MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#33 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
      • 486 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:23 PM

Again the pics are perfect! If you dont mind me asking a few questions? Are those real flowers in your hair? Where did you get your earrings and shoes? I know ten questions but I just want to know where to look when it comes time to pick out those details. Thanks

#34 andreslove

andreslove
        • 227 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Those pictures were simply stunning! Thanks for sharing.

#35 KARLA

KARLA
          • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
            Again the pics are perfect! If you dont mind me asking a few questions? Are those real flowers in your hair? Where did you get your earrings and shoes? I know ten questions but I just want to know where to look when it comes time to pick out those details. Thanks
            Not a problem! I don't mind sharing, most of the ideas I got evolved from other brides sharing.

I did not want to mess with real flowers, but wanted something that looked real. I got the Classic gardenia set from Late Bloomer Boutique at http://store.lateblo.../clgabrset.html

The earrings are Nadri, I found them at Nordstrom.
            Here's the link to it online in silver, I got them in gold from the store in NC.
            http://shop.nordstro....bo=2376882&P=1

The shoes were also from Nordstrom in Champagne satin, and they were a STEAL!!
            http://shop.nordstro....bo=6008481&P=1

#36 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

Karla- Thanks for the quick response. I was looking at Nordstroms the other day at earrings. They have so many, they all started looking the same after a while! The only place I had searched for flowers was the craft store. But they didnt look as real as yours. Thanks again.

#37 KARLA

KARLA
              • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

You're welcome Natalie.

If you have a Nordstroms nearby, go look at the Nardi earrings. They are absolutely beautiful in person. I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw them and could not decide which ones I liked best, esp since I was having a hard time finding earrings I liked. The crystals in them really shine and the designs are really intricate. Now that I think about it, I wished I had gotten a better close up of them in my pics. I absolutely loved them!

#38 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

Karla, sorry I have questions for you as well.

1- Where did you get your fans from and did you have to tie on the blue ribbon at the bottoms of them? Did alot of people use them?

2- Who did your centerpieces?

3- Do you remember how many calla Lillies you had in your bouquet?

4- What time was your ceremony at?

Thanks. Again I loved all of your pictures and you looked beautiful!

#39 KARLA

KARLA
                  • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Natalie M
                    Karla, sorry I have questions for you as well.

1- Where did you get your fans from and did you have to tie on the blue ribbon at the bottoms of them? Did alot of people use them?

2- Who did your centerpieces?

3- Do you remember how many calla Lillies you had in your bouquet?

4- What time was your ceremony at?

Thanks. Again I loved all of your pictures and you looked beautiful!
                    Hi Natalie M! I see you've gotten quite hooked on the forum (like me) in the past couple of weeks! I don't mind answering your questions at all!!

1 - Got the 10" rafia fans from oriental trading company online
                    http://www.orientaltrading.com/
                    I got the ribbon and Michael's to match the BM dresses and wrapped and tied for a hours! Lots of people used them, it was VERY hot that day.

2 - The florist my wedding planner contracted was called Rossy. I wanted something really elegant and modern, I think they totally hit the nail on the head! Like I said... I loved all my flowers!!

3 - I think my bouquet has a dozen calla lilies.

4 - Ceremony was set to start at 4 PM.... but we did not get to the restaurant until 4:30 PM (my parents were late, older sister was freaking out looking for her hubby and baby, don't get me started!!)... ceremony started probably around 4:40 PM. We had to rush around to get pics at the beach though, since we were almost an hour behind schedule.

#40 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                    • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KARLA
                      Hi Natalie M! I see you've gotten quite hooked on the forum (like me) in the past couple of weeks! I don't mind answering your questions at all!!

1 - Got the 10" rafia fans from oriental trading company online
                      http://www.orientaltrading.com/
                      I got the ribbon and Michael's to match the BM dresses and wrapped and tied for a hours! Lots of people used them, it was VERY hot that day.

2 - The florist my wedding planner contracted was called Rossy. I wanted something really elegant and modern, I think they totally hit the nail on the head! Like I said... I loved all my flowers!!

3 - I think my bouquet has a dozen calla lilies.

4 - Ceremony was set to start at 4 PM.... but we did not get to the restaurant until 4:30 PM (my parents were late, older sister was freaking out looking for her hubby and baby, don't get me started!!)... ceremony started probably around 4:40 PM. We had to rush around to get pics at the beach though, since we were almost an hour behind schedule.
                      Thanks Karla, Ya i'm addicted to this forum now! I just feel if I'm not on I'm going to miss out on great info right away!! Thanks for anwsering all my questions. I was thinking about doing white calla lilies and i liked the amount you had, and I also liked the color. I'm so torn on what to do with flowers. If you don't mind can you give me an estimate on how much your flowers were.
                      I was debating between either the parasols or the fans. I still can't decide. I loved the ribbon on yours though. Do you have any thought on which one to go with? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users