Photo

Advice Needed about Location!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 taralyn8

taralyn8
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am not sure if I am posting this in the proper location, so please correct me if I am not.  :)

I have been reading review after review about AI resorts in and around Cancun.  I have also gone over the reviews on this site.  I really like the Azul Beach and Dreams Riviera Cancun. 

My main interests are a great beach, great food, and drinks, plus family friendly...since I will have my two sons (5 & 6) there.  

Has anyone looked into these two locations...what was the deciding factor for you.  I don't know if I am missing any pieces...this decision is consuming me!  

I really would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!

T

#2 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
    • Site Supporter
    • 358 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi @taralyn8

We are leaning towards Azul Beach but will make the final decision when we go to the Bride's Dress Rehearsal scouting trip planned for later this month.  I have a 9 year old niece and possibly 2 young flower girls to factor in. I've also read great reviews.  For us, truly good food and a resort that offers activities was the driving factor. We want guests to see this as a vacation and not just a wedding. 

Hope that helps. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

We are very familiar with both resorts.  We are a diamond level five agency with Karisma hotels which is their highest level and only a handful of agencies reach that level a year as well as a top agency with AMResorts (Dreams).

There are pros and cons to each resort.  I love the food at Karisma resorts and think it is some of the best AI food.  AMResorts has a great 3G promotion that is more generous with the free rooms.  Also they are in slightly different price points so you need to see what fits your budget.

Here are some links that might be helpful to you and of course you can email/pm me with any questions.

Azul Beach Wedding: 

Azul Beach Brides Thread

2013 Azul Beach or Azul Sensatori Brides

Azul Beach Hotel Info & Wedding Reviews

Wright Travel Agency Karisma GI Wedding Consultants

Karisma Bride's Dress Rehearsal

Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding: 

Dreams Riviera Cancun Support Thread

Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Reviews

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 ylan9383

ylan9383
    • 188 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

I am not sure if I am posting this in the proper location, so please correct me if I am not.   :)

I have been reading review after review about AI resorts in and around Cancun.  I have also gone over the reviews on this site.  I really like the Azul Beach and Dreams Riviera Cancun. 

My main interests are a great beach, great food, and drinks, plus family friendly...since I will have my two sons (5 & 6) there.  

Has anyone looked into these two locations...what was the deciding factor for you.  I don't know if I am missing any pieces...this decision is consuming me!  

I really would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!

T

Those are similar criterias I was looking for.  I ended up reserving at Playacar Palace. 

#5 megthomson

megthomson
    • 258 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:The Beach!
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

We had the same criteria and ended up with Beaches Turks & Caicos.  VERY family friendly and great reviews!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users