What hairstyle goes with my dress? :)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I am STILL struggling with what kind of hairstyle to go with! I like the idea of a loose curly updo with flowers in my hair, but I cant really find any pictures I like.... I also think my dress has kind of a Greek goddess look to it maybe? And if that's the case, how do Greek goddesses do their hair? LOL! Here's a pic of the dress, suggestions welcome, thanks ladies! :)

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

SORRY for the honkin' big pictures, grrrr!!!
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 edna

edna
    • Site Supporter
    • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

I loved your dress, here are some updos I think should go with your style, just add flowers and voila!

updo option on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
      updo on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

here is one greek goddess style:

greek goddess hair on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#3 Nespie

Nespie
      • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

I agree with Edna, updo is definitely the way to go. Love your dress! Greek goddesses do their hair however you decide to do your hair because in that dress you'll be a goddess no matter what!!!
        Feb. Sig pic, kissing on New Year's Eve... Here's to a wonderful 2008!

#4 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:54 PM

I love your dress! What designer is it? :)

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Mora, those are both really pretty updos! The Greek style... not so much.. LOL! Not for a wedding anyway! :)

I wish I could shrink my photos, I hate looking at my shiny forehead in MEGA size!!

My dress is by Venus Bridals, here is a pic of the original dress, but the store I bought it from altered the back. They had it that way already when I tried it on, and I just loved the lace up back!
            Click the image to open in full size.
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nespie
              I agree with Edna, updo is definitely the way to go. Love your dress! Greek goddesses do their hair however you decide to do your hair because in that dress you'll be a goddess no matter what!!!
              Awww, thanks!! You are too sweet!

#7 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

Im having the same problem, and think I am wanting the same thing as you. BUT I would drop in and say LOVE the dress, you look amazing.... sorry im no help!

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

I love your dress! you could either go with a half up half down style or all up, wither way it would go with the dress...

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

My dress feels very greek goddess to me too. Then I realized the tag said "grecian" so that must be the look they were going for.

I was thinking of this for greek goddess hair(without the gold stuff), but I don't think my hair will be long enough by then. I also want it up because it will be June & hot. To now I'll probably do the style below. I'm waiting for my hair to grow out to see how it looks with the dress.

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

http://bestdestinati....your-hair.html

Tons of ideas!! There is a link in this thread to a flickr account with hundreds of hairstyles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users