Photo

Cabo Flower Vendors

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LilGina

LilGina
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've been getting quotes from florists and was just wondering what everyone's experience has been with the different florist vendors in Cabo. Their pricing is far higher than I expected.

Has anyone used Sergio Farias? He gave a competitive quote but I can't find much info on his work. 

#2 Arroyo17

Arroyo17
    • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'd love to hear what you found in your florist research.  I am just starting to price out vendors myself--do you have any front runners that looked like they do a good job and arent overpriced?

#3 Corinne Doss

Corinne Doss
      • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

I went through this dilemma earlier in the year for my Jan 2014 wedding. I'm actually getting fabric bouquets/center pieces made and bringing them down with me. We're doing a reception back at home so I'll be able to reuse the flowers, as well as saving my bouquet! Much more cost effective for us.

#4 hpreece

hpreece
        • 18 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 12, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Hacienda Cocina y Cantina in Cabo San Lucas
        • LocationRancho Bernardo, CA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Even though I haven't had my wedding yet, I'm going to use Sergio as my florist.  My wedding coordinator has worked with him for several weddings and his prices were definitely reasonable! I met him in Cabo the last time I was visiting and he is super nice.  I showed him pictures of what I wanted, and he emailed me showing me pictures of the exact flowers he was going to use and what colors.  He also has candles, vases, a huppah, and a white sheet for the huppah, which is nice so you don't have to bring all that stuff if you don't want to. Hope this helps!

#5 LilGina

LilGina
        • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I chose a florist! Sooo happy to have this checked off my list:woot:

I ended up going with Lola at Florenta Flowers. She's been very responsive and her work looks beautiful. I told her my budget and she said she could work with it since its a small wedding (40-50 guests).

Sergio was very nice and had great pricing but I requested pictures a few times and was never sent anything :- Seeing more of his work would have sold me.

I received a quote from Martha at Mazarte but the quote was all roses and didn't look like the inspiration photos I sent over. I will say that Martha was very prompt in answering emails and very sweet on the phone.

Cabo Design Studio has gorgeous arrangements but was a bit high for my budget. For example, $700 for an arch and drape while other places were quoting $250-$350.  I'm sure they might have negotiated but I didn't bother. 

#6 flo628

flo628
          • 200 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Thanks! I just emailed for quotes from all of them.

So, there's:

Sergio of Flowers and Events Los Cabos

Lola of Florenta Flowers

Martha of Mazarte

Cabo Design Studio, but they are very expensive.

Anyone else I need to contact for quotes? Costco? j/k :)

#7 Arroyo17

Arroyo17
          • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Karla Casillas' company also does flowers. Has anyone worked with them? Flo--I look forward to hearing who you end up going with!

#8 flo628

flo628
            • 200 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

So Lola from Florenta emailed me back and said I needed a minimum of $2500 budget for her to work with me. My WC said it's very strange.

Sergio emailed me back but forgot to attache the quote...took several more days for him to get back to me...kinda spacy but has been very nice so far.

No one else has emailed me back...

#9 toribelle31

toribelle31
            • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

Flo- Any word back on flower quotes? Are you having them quote your arch as well? Curious to see what the price ranges for that...

#10 Nov2013cabowed

Nov2013cabowed
              • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/226993/width/200/height/400[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/226994/width/200/height/400[/IMG] Hi Brides! I've received a lot of private messages lately so I forgot who asked to see my actual bouquet from our wedding last week. Here is a photo of the inspiration photo and of my actual bouquet. It was smaller than I expected and the roses were soft and not as fresh but it looked similar to what I asked for. The lace and pins used to wrap the stems were exactly what I had requested. I went with Mazarte Floral. I can give you the pros and cons about working with them should anyone need more info. I'm happy to help. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users