Photo

Reception Restaurant for Small Wedding

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MAGUILLON

MAGUILLON
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

My FI and I are having a small wedding with only about 10 guests. We’re looking for a location for a “reception”, but there are SO many restaurants in Cabo to choose from. I’ve reviewed various travel guides and cabo websites, but I still can’t narrow it down. Do any of you have any recommendations?

We’d like something that has a little bit of privacy, but a private room is not critical. Also we’re thinking about bringing some nice wine and of course the cake, so a restaurant that would allow to do this would be a big plus.

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Maria

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:18 AM

Maria, Our wedding is the same size as yours. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Cabo for a site visit. We are looking at a few resorts that have that will fit our needs and I'll post a review when I return.

There are a ton of places you can have your dinner, right now we are looking at Melia San Lucas, & Sheration. Do you want your ceremony on the beach? Please tell us what you invision and we can try to help you with some options.

#3 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TAMMYM
        Maria, Our wedding is the same size as yours. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Cabo for a site visit. We are looking at a few resorts that have that will fit our needs and I'll post a review when I return.

There are a ton of places you can have your dinner, right now we are looking at Melia San Lucas, & Sheration. Do you want your ceremony on the beach? Please tell us what you invision and we can try to help you with some options.

Sorry for butting in ladies, I just wanted to wish YOU (TammyM) good luck with your site visit. I cant wait for you to come back with some peace of mind and relief.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19
          Sorry for butting in ladies, I just wanted to wish YOU (TammyM) good luck with your site visit. I cant wait for you to come back with some peace of mind and relief.
          I second that Jackie- good luck Tammy!

#5 MAGUILLON

MAGUILLON
          • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

Tammy,

Good luck on your visit. Our wedding ceremony is at the Catholic Ceremony in San Jose. We thought it would be nice to have our reception with a nice ocean view, (something like Pitahayas) but I've also seen some restaurants that look really nice and don't appear to have an ocean view (French Riviera Restaurant). So then I'm back to my 25 restaurant list (we can't possibly visit all these restaurants and try them)! Any insight from your visit would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maria

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

How about the Sunset Mona Lisa, there suppose to have the most amazing views? I may visit them, if I do I'll post in the review.

Thanks Jackie and Sarah. I'm excited to go, (except the MIL thing :-) but I"m really hoping it will clear things up for me.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MAGUILLON
              Tammy,

Good luck on your visit. Our wedding ceremony is at the Catholic Ceremony in San Jose. We thought it would be nice to have our reception with a nice ocean view, (something like Pitahayas) but I've also seen some restaurants that look really nice and don't appear to have an ocean view (French Riviera Restaurant). So then I'm back to my 25 restaurant list (we can't possibly visit all these restaurants and try them)! Any insight from your visit would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maria
              maria, i have a restaurant list on this forum with some reviews...let me try and find it for you...also, Kasmira loved the food at hotel natalia...and that is close to the church...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 BVP

BVP
              • 108 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

There is a restaurant just outside of town on the coridor. it is located on the cliff at Villa Serena. My friend Angie had her reception there for about 60 people. She reserved the entire place but I think it would be great for a small reception for 10 also.

It has a lovely private setting with a great ocean view.
                http://www.villaserenacabo.com
                http://www.loscabosg...ng/villaser.htm This link has info about the sister restaurant also - Puerta Vieja - also would be a great setting...

#9 BVP

BVP
                • 108 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

On second thought - The view is prettier from Puerta Vieja and it is a bit more elegant... Be sure to investigate it also... http://www.puertavieja.com

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

here's the thread on restaurants.

http://bestdestinati....read.php?t=769

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users