Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My daughter's wedding was scheduled for May 9, 2014. I finally spoke with Cecilia and they are going to process a refund for our deposit. But we have already sent out STD and now we are being charged fees for changing our travel plans. We booked through a TA and she used Apple Vacations.  We purchased travel insurance and we are being charged a $25.00 AVOK Reactiviation fee for everyone. That will end up being more than $150 just for our family. I wonder if Dreams will cover this expense?  Any thought on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried looking into changing the wedding to another Dreams or Now resort? My wedding was scheduled for June and I am changing to the Dreams Riviera Cancun. My travel agent said they are going to honor the original prices they quoted us for rooms. They are still working out the logistics of the room switch, but my date and time are confirmed. All of the other Dreams and Now resorts got back to my travel agent pretty quickly (the Riviera of course took the longest which is the one we wanted because it was closest to the airport) and they all pretty much had openings. My wedding is scheduled for a Monday though which I'm sure is a bit easier to reschedule than a weekend. But definitely look into it before canceling flights and such! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!! I am totally freaking out right now!! My wedding is May 2nd & I havent been notified about anything. I just found out about it on this thread!!! I dont know what I'm going to do!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am soooo sorry!!! That's how I felt very thankful for this blog!! I would email your coordinator ASAP & am sure they will call you. Fortunately/Unfortunately my wedding is in November but I cancelled it....my coordinator was Claudia and did call me and explained just as the other girls have stated that under new management & that they can't confirm on how long it may close!!! But am sure they can help you with booking @ sister location or anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we booked through apple vacations as well. if we decide not to keep our flight, & choose another resort in cancun, im told we will be penalized 200.00 dollars off of each of our plane tickets. have you heard anything about dreams reimbursing for plane tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by af2492 View Post
 

Have you tried looking into changing the wedding to another Dreams or Now resort? My wedding was scheduled for June and I am changing to the Dreams Riviera Cancun. My travel agent said they are going to honor the original prices they quoted us for rooms. They are still working out the logistics of the room switch, but my date and time are confirmed. All of the other Dreams and Now resorts got back to my travel agent pretty quickly (the Riviera of course took the longest which is the one we wanted because it was closest to the airport) and they all pretty much had openings. My wedding is scheduled for a Monday though which I'm sure is a bit easier to reschedule than a weekend. But definitely look into it before canceling flights and such! 

sorry i meant to respond to your post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything happens for a reason, and usually works out for the better. At first we were in panic mode, but then we were able to find another resort that my daughter fell in love with when she saw the wedding gazebo. It is in Playa del Carmen. We went from a resort that does about 3-4 weddings a day to one that only does one a day. Our TA changed all our booking, through Apple.  We did have the insurance, so they only charged us $25 a person to reactivate the insurance. I talked with Cecilia about getting reimbursed for that, she was checking into it. I don't think it should be a problem. Best of luck to all of you as you adjust your wedding plans; your wedding days will be perfect and beautiful no matter where you get married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask which resort she switched to? The Dreams Riviera Cancun is now being difficult and not wanting to honor our originally quoted prices for anyone who hasn't booked yet which is not going to be okay. My TA says she has not actually heard that the Dreams Cancun is being closed by the new owners during our wedding but that of course can't be confirmed at the moment.  I was not panicking before but am starting to get near panic mode. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×