Jump to content

Photo

How fast can we newbies reach 150????!!


  • Please log in to reply
1353 replies to this topic

#721 MelB2012

MelB2012
  • Jr. Member
  • 182 posts

    Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

    Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

    Different group? No you guys can just hijack a pool and pool bar and make it your own, it would be Mel's (is that your name) wedding bar. 

    Mel's the name.

     

    You have a point there Mrs. TobeD. It's going to be so fun travelling with so many people. There's 18 of us on one plane and 12 on another (and some travelling from other places...) Just the plane alone is going to be awesome. Ha ha Ha



    #722 MelB2012

    MelB2012
    • Jr. Member
    • 182 posts

      Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

      Originally Posted by Chantel 


      Starting a planning thread is a good idea - I should do that! I am getting married on November 13 - very close to your date! What are you working on right now? Any wedding crafts?

      Right now I don't have much left I don't think. My Mom is making the flower girl basket. The pillow was done by my grandma (Step-grandma?)

       

      I have to send the script to our chosen officiant. I have to write my vows. I have everything for centerpieces, and I'm only missing a couple things for the OOT bags (tylenol, maybe immodium? and the toppers.) Ummm, have dress fittings to go to, have to make packing lists, and a welcome speech.... what else... I'm sure there are a few other things. I have a good handle on it though. (an 18-month engagement will do that.)



      #723 MrsTobeD

      MrsTobeD
      • Jr. Member
      • 288 posts

        Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

        I heard (read) that shipping to MX is a really bad idea, and for those getting married in DR, I am Dominican and used to have an store in there, ladies, customs will hold your packages until you go and get them, they will make you cry with custom fees. So no, I am not shipping anything. 

        Originally Posted by Chantel 

        Anybody have any tips on how they are getting everything down to their resorts? Are any of you mailing boxes? Or are you just packing into suitcases? Or paying for extra luggage? What's the plan?!
         



        #724 MrsTobeD

        MrsTobeD
        • Jr. Member
        • 288 posts

          Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

          the rest of the passengers are going to HATE you! LOL I wish to leave in a full plane, all my people 

          Originally Posted by MelB2012 

          Mel's the name.

           

          You have a point there Mrs. TobeD. It's going to be so fun travelling with so many people. There's 18 of us on one plane and 12 on another (and some travelling from other places...) Just the plane alone is going to be awesome. Ha ha Ha



          #725 MrsTobeD

          MrsTobeD
          • Jr. Member
          • 288 posts

            Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

            Just don't be dancing on top of tables, I have a friend that broke her ankle during her bachelorette party, a week before the wedding, got married on a pretty blue cast. LOL 

             

             

            Originally Posted by MelB2012 

            I don't know all the details, but it's not going to be wild and crazy. A little more low key. We're going pole-dancing (okay, maybe not totally low-key) and then dinner and then dancing? Something to that effect. With lots of booze. Haha.



            #726 MrsTobeD

            MrsTobeD
            • Jr. Member
            • 288 posts

              Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

              OMG, 6 post to go, I CAN DO THIS, LETS GO!



              #727 MrsTobeD

              MrsTobeD
              • Jr. Member
              • 288 posts

                Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

                SO I did it, this is my 152 post! Yayyy ME 



                #728 Chantel

                Chantel
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
                • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

                Originally Posted by MelB2012 

                Right now I don't have much left I don't think. My Mom is making the flower girl basket. The pillow was done by my grandma (Step-grandma?)

                 

                I have to send the script to our chosen officiant. I have to write my vows. I have everything for centerpieces, and I'm only missing a couple things for the OOT bags (tylenol, maybe immodium? and the toppers.) Ummm, have dress fittings to go to, have to make packing lists, and a welcome speech.... what else... I'm sure there are a few other things. I have a good handle on it though. (an 18-month engagement will do that.)

                A welcome speech! Good thinking, I didn't have that one on my list. :) Sounds like you're well on your way - very exciting!



                #729 Chantel

                Chantel
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
                • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

                Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

                I heard (read) that shipping to MX is a really bad idea, and for those getting married in DR, I am Dominican and used to have an store in there, ladies, customs will hold your packages until you go and get them, they will make you cry with custom fees. So no, I am not shipping anything. 


                Yeah, I have heard that shipping to MX doesn't always work out so well so I guess that's why I was wondering how most people get their stuff down there. Are you just taking a bunch of luggage? Or passing some items to other guests?



                #730 Chantel

                Chantel
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
                • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

                Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

                SO I did it, this is my 152 post! Yayyy ME 


                Yay Mrs TobeD!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users