Thanks so much! :)

#52 LoriGran

LoriGran
    • 339 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
    • LocationMexico

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Thanks you!!  You aren't far from us, Jersey girl. ;) Where in Mexico are you getting married? I purchased the bags from Etsy seller, Ciera Design, but it was a while ago and it doesn't look like she sells them anymore.  They are square glassine vellum bags.  I searched Etsy and it looks like this seller, Laserbird, has the same thing available.  They were very easy to print on with our at-home printer.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :) Here is the link for the bags sold by Laserbird.

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I bought glassine bags and was able to figure out how to print on them! They came out great!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects! :)

#53 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
    • Site Supporter
    • 168 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lori Granados 

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I bought glassine bags and was able to figure out how to print on them! They came out great!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects! :)

Yay!  Glad to help! :)

#54 MrzzMel

MrzzMel
      • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thank you this is very helpful!

#55 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
        • Site Supporter
        • 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrzzMel 

Thank you this is very helpful!

Great!  Glad to hear it! :)

#56 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

This is an awesome thread....I think your theme is very in line with what i'm trying to pull off a nice rustice beach wedding with a little mexican theme.  Thanks for the inspirations and tips.  Can't wait to see how everything turns out at the wedding.  Post lots of pics!!  Only a couple more days yay how exciting!!!

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#57 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
          • Site Supporter
          • 168 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJBride2014 

This is an awesome thread....I think your theme is very in line with what i'm trying to pull off a nice rustice beach wedding with a little mexican theme.  Thanks for the inspirations and tips.  Can't wait to see how everything turns out at the wedding.  Post lots of pics!!  Only a couple more days yay how exciting!!!

Thanks so much!  Glad it gave you some inspiration!  Can't believe my wedding is so soon...time really does fly!  I have some more DIY pics to post and will definitely include some wedding photos when we return.  Happy planning! :) 

#58 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
            • 308 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
            • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

This is all fabulous! Amazing job! and has given me some great ideas!

#59 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
            • Site Supporter
            • 168 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hi Girls!

So we leave TOMORROW!!! I can't believe it!  As I pack up our d©cor, I took some last minute photos of projects I forgot to share with all of you.

As I mentioned before, we will be giving out flip flops at the reception...they will be displayed in a basket on a table with this sign.

We are also having a s'mores bar with gourmet marshmallows that I ordered from Sweet Jumbles on Etsy.  I highly recommend her shop!  The marshmallows are ridiculously good and she was a pleasure to work with!  I shared the sign with the flavors in an earlier post, but here is a pic of the "s'more love" sign that will also be on the table.  The flavors are nutella pb, coconut, horchata (cinnamon & sugar) and Mexican chocolate.

Here are some pictures of the welcome packet folders for the welcome bags.

I used plain white folders, printed a LOVE logo on a clear full page label and applied it to the front.  I used this technique to print the welcome to Puerto Vallarta label for the inside pocket.  The following items are inside every folder.

a short welcome message

a palm tree pen (from Oriental Trading)

a handmade bookmark (featured in an earlier post)

personalized post it notes and Puerto Vallarta post cards (both were made on Vista Print)

a small camera cutout with a message on the back reminding guests to share their pictures with us

a welcome booklet with the wedding week activities

a pv pub crawl book with all the bars and descriptions listed

a facebook with pictures of all guests

information about the resort including free golf tee times, a map of Dreams and a list of restaurants & activities

a calendar called "hang with the bride and groom when they're not in their room" so guests know where to find us.

a "do not disturb" door sign

#60 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
              • Site Supporter
              • 168 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

More pics of welcome packet contents... "hang with the bride and groom" calendar, a map of pv featuring Dreams and Las Caletas and a Spanish language guide.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, guests will light sparklers for our first dance.  These are sparkler cards I made to hold them.  The say, "Light the way when our song begins to play."

Because we are having a cigar bar, sparklers and wish lanterns, we thought we should get some personalized match boxes.  I found these on Etsy and thought they were so cool!  I asked the shop to use glitter in our colors and only include less morbid pictures...while I love Day of the Dead stuff, I didn't think it was appropriate for a wedding. (This picture is from the website, because ours are packed away.)

At the ceremony entrance, we will have a table set-up with white wayfarer sunglasses and wooden fans in baskets... There will be a "Be Cool" sign in front of the basket of fans and a "Stay Cool" sign in front of the sunglasses.  Thought this was a nice touch for guests sitting in the sun during our ceremony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users