24 replies to this topic

#11 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
  • LocationCancun

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

i recommend a site visit for all you ladies. it opened up our eyes when we actually made our final decision!

#12 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hello Ladies, 

A destination wedding is great idea, in Cancun and Riviera Maya you can find exactly what you are looking for. T`ake alook at this real wedding.

#13 Sarahop81

Sarahop81
    • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

I am looking to get hitched June 2015 as well.  I've been doing my research and I know people that have wed at the Riu and Dreams brands and had great things to say.  I'm still unsure which location I will get married at.  I need a Catholic service so I have fewer choices.  I may even do a chapel in downtown Playa and then have a reception at a Beach Club.  That way guests can stay at any resort they like.  Although I seem to change my mind every other day.  So many choices! 

I will check out Jade as well.  My friend loved that location.  If anyone has tips, suggestions, let me know.  I'd love to hear them. And good luck everyone!

#14 forevertogether

forevertogether
      • 317 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 7, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Gran Porto Real--Playa del Carmen

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

There is NO shame in planning early!!! I've been planning for 6 months already and my wedding isn't until Jan 2015--282 days!!! :) I know you ladies have a countdown too!!! :)  I have all of the following booked:

venue/flight

photographer-outside vendor

videographer-outside vendor

DJ-outside vendor

We are just planners ladies!!! I would rather stress now than have to stress closer to the date!!

#15 shelikespink

shelikespink
      • 80 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Mexico
      • LocationToronto

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I've been engaged for 4 mos but we still can't make up our minds! We have been back and forth on a bunch of resorts. I like the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, Barcelo Maya, Moon Palace, Ocean Turquesa, Dreams... LOL pretty much all of them!

I'm hoping to find a balance between the costs for my guests and my costs for the wedding! The packages and rules vary so much by resort. These forums have been amazing in answering all my questions!

#16 meganstobo2004

meganstobo2004
      • 42 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Just found this and super excited that we are all in the same boat! I visited the Grand Bahia Principe in march and loved it...super big but very clean and friendly. The grounds are beautiful too...I am leaning towards that one just because that is the only one I have actually been to and so I know a little about it. Anyone have any insight Ito other resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 malyna

malyna
        • 346 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

What about the beloved hotel? Seems nice. Paradisus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ecl

ecl
        • 11 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Marina el Cid
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

I've just booked the Hotel Marina el Cid for our wedding that is going to take place April 25th, 2015.  We've just sent out the travel info to our guests and are starting to collect deposits.  Its so hard to narrow down the resorts, but I'm excited to start planning the actual wedding!

#19 jsparrow10

jsparrow10
        • Site Supporter
        • 116 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 10, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan
        • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thank you for this thread! I just got engaged the beginning of this month and feel like I'm already behind the ball because we want June/July 2015 and I keep reading how people have everything booked! We are going July 12th on vacation in Playa and taking some time to check out resorts (we already had the vacation planned before the engagement). Don't worry I'll write uo reviews on where we check out for you guys! I've been second guessing if that's waiting too long to book something. Glad to see people in the early stages! Congrats everyone!

#20 fluffykim

fluffykim
        • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

We are doing site visits in August of this year.  For us, the Dreams (Tulum) seems to have the best package for everything we want. 

Also, when doing your research, start to take notice which resorts do weddings, and which SPECIALIZE IN WEDDINGS.  There is a huge difference.   I noticed that Dreams and Palace (in my opinon) are in the wedding niche.  Nice inclusive packages coupled with great incentives and group rates.

Good luck all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users