Photo

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#71 Recy

Recy
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icis 

Its sounds like everyone's flight + AI resorts is about $3,000-$3,500 (I'm assuming this is per couple pricing). So your guests are also paying approximately that much to attend your wedding right? Most of my family and friends are finding it too expensive to attend. I may have less than 10 coming.

My goal is to try to keep it as inexpensive as possible. If you need to arrive the day before and leave the day after that is fine also. How many invitaitons did you send out. I am at the beginning stage and wont lock my date in until Early November.

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#72 Recy

Recy
    • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

Photography is the MOST important since the pictures are the best memories of your big day and you will be able to share with those who are not able to attend. I did splurge on my photogs 

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#73 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
      • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

A discounted wedding dress sites that I came across today:

http://www.bridepower.com/

#74 Recy

Recy
        • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

A discounted wedding dress sites that I came across today:

http://www.bridepower.com/

This is AWESOME!!! Thank you!!!

#75 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
          • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Not necessarily, if you are staying 7 nights it would be 3-3500, but guest can stay only 4 nights or 3. Because of personal reasons my room came up a lot more expensive that I would have like it but I am thinking my guests would be around $2500 or less for 4 nights. 

Originally Posted by Icis 

Its sounds like everyone's flight + AI resorts is about $3,000-$3,500 (I'm assuming this is per couple pricing). So your guests are also paying approximately that much to attend your wedding right? Most of my family and friends are finding it too expensive to attend. I may have less than 10 coming.

#76 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
            • 381 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Not necessarily, if you are staying 7 nights it would be 3-3500, but guest can stay only 4 nights or 3. Because of personal reasons my room came up a lot more expensive that I would have like it but I am thinking my guests would be around $2500 or less for 4 nights. 

The cost depends on your destination in relation where you're from. We decided on Mexico because flights are about $350 roundtrip. (Our actual dates aren't available yet.) Our guest will be paying about $800 each for lodging and airfare for our wedding.

#77 shugapop1

shugapop1
              • 868 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

[quote name="TiarraBeautyJ" url="/t/85914/bride-on-a-budget-7-000-00-wedding-challenge/30#post_1931457"]Very nice Breakdown!!!  I love your disposable camera option that will save you tons of money. I chose custom invites in which I created them all by myself I ended up spending 32.00 printing them at office max and 8.50 shipping them off. I am having a very small wedding with under 30 people. [/quote Thanks so nuch for the encouragement. Those disposable cameras really worked out best for us.professional pictures always look great but we figured iur friends and family taking picture of us as they see us is soo much more meaningful. And yes saves thousands if dollars.

#78 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
                • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

$800 each for lodging and airfare? That sounds like a great deal!!! 

The cost depends on your destination in relation where you're from. We decided on Mexico because flights are about $350 roundtrip. (Our actual dates aren't available yet.) Our guest will be paying about $800 each for lodging and airfare for our wedding.

#79 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                  • 381 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

I meant to quote lcis instead of you...sorry! I understand your point :)

#80 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
                    • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Where are you traveling from? we are traveling from NY and prices are not out yet for August next year but I have seen it anywhere from $950 to what we paid for our site visit $407

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

I meant to quote lcis instead of you...sorry! I understand your point :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users