The average cost of a wedding in the United States is estimated at about 25,000. Destination Weddings have become very popular due to cost shifting from Bride and Groom to Individual Guest. As I read forums and posts it seems like all brides want their day to be perfect to say the least. They book the best hotels, biggest packages, best invitations and before you know it the destination wedding turns into 14,000-30,000 easily.
I am going to challenge myself to create a wedding for my FI and I with a 7,000 budget. Here is how I expect to achieve this
1. Choosing a resort that is price friendly
2. Choosing a wedding package that does not have extra things included that I will not need
3. Finding a photographer that can do amazing work with budget friendly pricing
4. Using silk flowers to make my day special
5. DIY projects in every aspect
6. Staying in basic rooms
I will keep track of my journey by posting a lot of information in the forums.
Please add any tips to help me out.
Having a wedding on a budget does not mean sacrificing the beauty of it.
After all a wedding is about more than money, more than glam, it is about love.
I know people who have paid thousands of dollars for a luxurious wedding and they were divorced 6 months later.