Jump to content

Photo

Reality check?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • Jr. Member
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

Picking the resort was the hardest part for us.  I started to feel like every resort looked the same, offered the same things - it was honestly overwhelming.  Eventually I started looking through websites of various photographers in the Riviera Maya.  It gave me a great idea of what the big day would look like if I chose to go with each resort.  Ultimately I fell in love with the photos at the Now Sapphire.  Once I saw those photos I could hardly even look at any other resort.  It made the decision easier. 

 

Good luck with picking your resort - it really is the hardest part.  But once you have that picked and your trip is booked, it's all smooth sailing from there!  :)



#12 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • Jr. Member
  • 381 posts

    Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

    The Riu resorts have a package called "Caprice" for $2500 or $2600 and it includes 40 people. So far its the only one I've seen that includes a semi private event for that many people. We are also considering using Wicky's, a restaurant 3-4 blocks from Royal PDC/Gran Porto in Playa del Carmen. Meals start at $45/each and the place is gorgeous. Hope this information helps.

    #13 Yazmin De La Mora

    Yazmin De La Mora
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

      Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

      Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

      Thank u! I`ve been using this cite to its full extent over the past few days, I wish someone could just pick the resort for us!!!!!!!!!! lol

      Hi, 

      We know that to pick up the location and the decor will be the 2 most difficult parts to define on a wedding.  But when an all inclusive is too big you can have multiple weddings per day.  Other AI penalize you for more than 300 usd if you are not using their vendors (and bring your own ones) and other ones do not let you bring any, so it is important to consider all the above points before making a such an important decision.  There are tons of all inclusive resorts in the area but there are only a very few that are enough private for weddings, if privacy is what you are looking for.

       

      Perhaps like Dina says, you can take a look of the different photos placed by the photographers here and that will help you to have an idea.

       

      Happy Planning!



      #14 MrsShoreytobe

      MrsShoreytobe
      • Jr. Member
      • 315 posts

        Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

        Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

        Picking the resort was the hardest part for us.  I started to feel like every resort looked the same, offered the same things - it was honestly overwhelming.  Eventually I started looking through websites of various photographers in the Riviera Maya.  It gave me a great idea of what the big day would look like if I chose to go with each resort.  Ultimately I fell in love with the photos at the Now Sapphire.  Once I saw those photos I could hardly even look at any other resort.  It made the decision easier. 

         

        Good luck with picking your resort - it really is the hardest part.  But once you have that picked and your trip is booked, it's all smooth sailing from there!  :)

        Dina, couldn't agree more! Moreover, the packages are like comparing apples to oranges sometimes (it seems anyways); trying to balance "well this one includes my makeup, this doesn't bla bla bla!" lol!!! I also adore the sapphire and it is definitely one we are looking into. I've kept your key idea in mind that looking at wedding pics can help with that decision.

         

        I've definitely found that to be helpful! Seeing a video or stream of photos of an entire wedding day helps to see "yes, this is how I would also love mine to go"

        Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

        The Riu resorts have a package called "Caprice" for $2500 or $2600 and it includes 40 people. So far its the only one I've seen that includes a semi private event for that many people. We are also considering using Wicky's, a restaurant 3-4 blocks from Royal PDC/Gran Porto in Playa del Carmen. Meals start at $45/each and the place is gorgeous. Hope this information helps.

        Absolutely, you're right, and I was happily surprised with that capacity thank you! My fiance continues to assure me we won't have 50, it will indeed be more like 35 to 40 lol. I always go on the side of caution though :)Thank you!

        Originally Posted by Yazmin De La Mora 

        Hi, 

        We know that to pick up the location and the decor will be the 2 most difficult parts to define on a wedding.  But when an all inclusive is too big you can have multiple weddings per day.  Other AI penalize you for more than 300 usd if you are not using their vendors (and bring your own ones) and other ones do not let you bring any, so it is important to consider all the above points before making a such an important decision.  There are tons of all inclusive resorts in the area but there are only a very few that are enough private for weddings, if privacy is what you are looking for.

         

        Perhaps like Dina says, you can take a look of the different photos placed by the photographers here and that will help you to have an idea.

         

        Happy Planning!

        Indeed! The barcelo bavaro deluxe website indicates no outside photopgraphers are allowed...I emailed them to clarify this, as we were going to bring our two photographers as guests? How silly is that, the surcharge from resorts for outside vendors! Sheesh!

         

        And I guess I should have been a bit more specific about the type of privacy. Really, we don't want a completely private one, but the idea is to have in a gazebo, semi outside/inside area where we won't be bothered kind of thing if that makes sense!

         

        Thank you guys so much for your feedback, means so much!



        #15 DinaQtobe

        DinaQtobe
        • Jr. Member
        • 450 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

        Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

        Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

        Dina, couldn't agree more! Moreover, the packages are like comparing apples to oranges sometimes (it seems anyways); trying to balance "well this one includes my makeup, this doesn't bla bla bla!" lol!!! I also adore the sapphire and it is definitely one we are looking into. I've kept your key idea in mind that looking at wedding pics can help with that decision.

         

         

        Yes, apples to oranges for sure!  Some resorts have things in the packages that are just "extras"... not related to the wedding at all.  It makes it all a bit confusing.  The Now Sapphire is beautiful.  The package included a lot of what I wanted for our wedding.  It can get expensive very quickly if you have over 25 people attending.  I know everyone is different, but we invited about 70 people and so far we only have 7 guests confirmed, and a lot of people have told us that they will not be able to come.  I don't think we will have many more people confirm, so likely under 25 guests for us.



        #16 MrsShoreytobe

        MrsShoreytobe
        • Jr. Member
        • 315 posts

          Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

          Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

           

          Yes, apples to oranges for sure!  Some resorts have things in the packages that are just "extras"... not related to the wedding at all.  It makes it all a bit confusing.  The Now Sapphire is beautiful.  The package included a lot of what I wanted for our wedding.  It can get expensive very quickly if you have over 25 people attending.  I know everyone is different, but we invited about 70 people and so far we only have 7 guests confirmed, and a lot of people have told us that they will not be able to come.  I don't think we will have many more people confirm, so likely under 25 guests for us.

          I completely agree - I've finally told my fiance "I think I need to invest in a whole day putting together a spreadsheet to literally compare all packages to truly see what will be best value". LOL! I need to finish my masters somewhere in there too lol!

           

          I see myself always going on side of caution thinking we WILL HAVE MORE than we invite; my fiance continues to assure me it won't be 50, it will be like 35. So maybe a package that has a limit of 25 for supper won't involve a HUGE cost to add in 10-15 more plates you know?

           

          :)



          #17 DinaQtobe

          DinaQtobe
          • Jr. Member
          • 450 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

          Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

          Hi Katie,

           

          I was curious if you had settled on a resort yet.  That was the toughest decision by far for me.  After that it has been (fairly) smooth sailing!



          #18 MrsShoreytobe

          MrsShoreytobe
          • Jr. Member
          • 315 posts

            Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

            Hi Katie, I was curious if you had settled on a resort yet.  That was the toughest decision by far for me.  After that it has been (fairly) smooth sailing!

            Hey Dina!!!! That is great to hear and I keep hearing that This is biggest hurdle!! We r slowly getting there. Our TA is getting quotes and we were awaiting more. Companies are fighting for our business so it's GAME ON! Lol. We narrowed down potential weeks, along with top 10 resorts... It's tested my patience but I know this is the best way to make sure we get the best deal!! How did u find choosing ur resort was?

            #19 DinaQtobe

            DinaQtobe
            • Jr. Member
            • 450 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

            Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

            I found picking the resort stressful because I wanted to find somewhere that I loved, was affordable for our guests, and had a wedding package where I wouldn't have to "add on" a lot of extras, or do a lot of additional planning.  I had a few resorts in mind.  Eventually, all of the wedding packages started to look the same to me.  I finally narrowed it down to three in the Riviera Maya:

             

            1. El Cid.  My parents have stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  When they returned from this vacation my dad raved about the fact that he could imagine one of his daughters getting married there.  He said he thought it would be beautiful.

            2. El Dorado Royale.  I have been to this resort and it is fantastic.  Honestly the most amazing resort I have ever been to.  My parents are members of this property they loved it so much and I agree.

            3.  Now Sapphire.  I saw photos of weddings at this property and fell in love.  It was the first property that I could actually imagine and see us getting married at.

             

            As far as our guests were concerned, the El Cid was the cheapest package, El Dorado the most expensive, and Now Sapphire in the middle.  I didn't love the El Cid, but had it on the list because of the cost for our guests.  Every time I thought about getting married at the El Cid it made me sad - I just couldn't imagine myself getting married there.  The Karisma property was far too expensive for our guests, and the wedding package didn't seem to have everything that we wanted.  At the time we weren't certain if we wanted an adults only resort either. 

             

            I was very confused about what to do, and found the decision pretty tough.  We knew that we were going to be hard-pressed to have enough guests flying out of Canada to qualify for a group booking, so I did not have the help of a TA.  I ended up having a long conversation with my fiance about the cost for our guests, and what we really wanted included for our wedding.  The Now Sapphire had almost everything we wanted included in the wedding package, and I loved the ceremony and reception areas.  He and I agreed together that it was the right choice for us, and I am ecstatic that we made that decision.  I can't tell you how excited I am for our trip, and even more excited to marry my best friend.  I know that I would not be as excited if we had booked the El Cid.  I also think I would be far too stressed about finances if we had booked the El Dorado, and would have a lot more "planning" to do since the package didn't include certain things that we really wanted for our wedding.

             

            Pick a property that gets you excited!  Somewhere that the locations for the ceremony and reception have yourself visualizing your wedding, but still fits into the budget.  In the end that is what worked the best for me.



            #20 lorcas

            lorcas
            • Jr. Member
            • 297 posts

              Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

              Hi MrsShoreytobe!

               

              I am also having a lot of anxieties trying to pick a resort. I have been going back and forth between Secrets Maroma Beach, Excellence Riviera Cancun, and some others (those are my top 2). I am looking to book for a mid to end of May 2014 wedding.

               

              I have not talked to a travel agent, and after reading many of the posts on here, am starting to think that perhaps I should go talk to one? I didn't think it was necessary until I send my save the dates so that guests can talk to one and make it easier on them. 

               

              I think I am having trouble committed to a resort...no trouble committing to the man tho! Haha 

               

              Any suggestions?

              Thanks!






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users