Photo

DIY Tumblers - with pics - share your designs!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 jenna32schap

jenna32schap
  • 48 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Santa Fe, Cabo

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

@Lia33 I did the same! The colors I got were red, green, blue, and clear. Here's some advice- make sure you take the stickers off the bottom prior to washing (I didn't for the first few and now need to get goo gone b/c they are all sticky) and don't soak them b/c it seemed like water got stuck between the two layers.

#92 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

@Lia33 I did the same! The colors I got were red, green, blue, and clear. Here's some advice- make sure you take the stickers off the bottom prior to washing (I didn't for the first few and now need to get goo gone b/c they are all sticky) and don't soak them b/c it seemed like water got stuck between the two layers.

I warmed mine up with the blow dryer and they peeled right off. Super easy. Mine had labels on the actual cup too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#93 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 9, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Punta Cana

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Thanks so much ladies! :) I'm really happy with them. After being so disappointed with the DIY stickers that we printed ourselves - this is a great solution!

Soooo we just used a place in Barrie, Ontario - Fast Signs...just a local shop. We got 22 cups done for us and they gave us the 8 extra stickers that were printed out. We didn't actually tell them a size - apparently they just used the size of the picture I sent them. LOL :) My FI told them to use their judgement - stickers are 3" x 3". I'd say they are a perfect size! :)

I used Powerpoint to create the logo myself - obviously using ideas from another bride on this site!

The total bill was no more than $30 for everything done for us. There was a minimum of 25...which was fine - I'm good to have the extra stickers. Maybe I'll put them on a bubba ;) lol

Good luck! :)

@sillafeliz Hi! I am doing these for my upcoming DW and have a Fast Signs down the street from me! Do you happen to have a quote from the FS in Barrie that you could send me? Thanks!

@jenna32schap hi! can you please share a pic of your colour cups? would love to compare with the clear ones. thanks!

#94 jenna32schap

jenna32schap
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

@Jc14 I don't know how to post pictures on here.. the image button never works haha. Let's see if you can see this...

cups

#95 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

@jenna32schap yes! love these! did you buy from dollartree online? I'm guessing you are in the US.. I'm in Canada. sounds like i will need to hit a few stores. did u find the decals easy to put on straight, on the same spot on each cup, etc?

#96 jenna32schap

jenna32schap
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

@Jc14 Yes.. I bought them from dollartree online and then bought a few extras from the actual store. The stickers were super easy to put on. I definitely wouldn't say they are all exactly straight or in the same spot. I actually did them all yesterday- we have 84 guests coming so I didn't spend much time worrying about sticker placement because it would have taken forever! Regardless, I think they all turned out great and look relatively similar! I did get my bridesmaids a sticker with their name on it as well just for their cups!

#97 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

@jenna32schap well they look great! good job!!

#98 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have a question! Did anyone run into any issues with putting on the stickers prior to traveling? Since I will likely put the cups inside of each other in order to save space when traveling to Mexico, I'm a little concerned that the stickers' color may stick to the plastic or get a little stuck to the other cup.

@calgarybride2015 - I know your wedding has passed - did you have any issue like this or were the cups perfectly fine?

#99 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

I have a question! Did anyone run into any issues with putting on the stickers prior to traveling? Since I will likely put the cups inside of each other in order to save space when traveling to Mexico, I'm a little concerned that the stickers' color may stick to the plastic or get a little stuck to the other cup.

@calgarybride2015 - I know your wedding has passed - did you have any issue like this or were the cups perfectly fine?

I didn't stack my cups as I had them full of stuff. I think the only issue you may encounter is scuffs on the labels but honestly I think you'd be fine. I believe @tygrrlily stacked hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#100 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

@calgarybride2015 Stuffing them isn't a bad idea! But I need to bring 52 cups  :wacko: Stacking them may be my only option due to space. Less than 3 weeks away! Ahhh! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users