Jump to content

Photo

January 2014


  • Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 meganator22

meganator22
  • Newbie
  • 79 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

That word search looks fantastic! Thanks so much for the link. I was going to start looking but now I don't have to. Originally I thought of buying crossword books, but I think instead I will just throw some in inside the booklet I am going to make. I have decided, because of the cost of medicine here, that costco is going to be the best bet for pirces. I bought little baggies, 2 iin x 2in, and I am goin to fill them with advil, pepto tablets, immodium, etc and then print labels off for dosage and what they are. I found a fantastic buy on a mug at the dollar tree in Toronto. I am North of there so I actually have to order more then get someone to pick them up for me. They are a travel mug, 16 ounces, with a hole in the top big enough to fit a nice sized straw in.   I bought 12 bags (I only have 20 adults coming and 10 kids(kids bags I bought from the dollar store)) from dollar days online and sent them to my mother inlaw in arizona. I think the total on those after delivery was only 39.00 (they are two tone, big bags). I ordered some little things (sewing kits, propel juice mix, antibacterial ointment, wipes , blistex lip ointment, etc) from a place called minimus.biz.(the total was $28.00 whhich included shipping and I ordered about 15-30 of them each). I got 14 hand sanitizer at the dollar store for $7. And lotions (15) at zellers, when it was closing for $0.50 each Lanyards and the plastic cover things I got from...Specialist ID online. I ordered 23 badge holders with zippered tops and lanyards for 30.00 (including shipping) Thats about it I think :) Its fun shoppping for deals. If you want any pictures let me know.

Wow! I don't know how I missed that thread! You did great!! I need to get the ball rolling on this! I slacking big time. I saw on groupon there was a deal for vistaprint...if it's still there I have no idea! Thanks for some of the inspiration. I will post some pics of mine when I get it together!

#32 meganator22

meganator22
  • Newbie
  • 79 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Well - now I am only doing purple. Having two colors was getting tough. Teal will still be in there - just not as much as I had originally. Planned. I just picked out my bridesmaids dresses too! David's Bridal - as much as I didn't want to - had just the perfect dress. Now it is onto shoes for the girls!

It is soooo hard doing two different colors! Not a lot of things come in both colors you want ugghh I would love to see your bridesmaids dresses and yours!! Congrats on the dress! How many girls are you having stand up?

#33 tristanc

tristanc
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

    Originally Posted by meganator22 

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tristanc 


    Well - now I am only doing purple. Having two colors was getting tough. Teal will still be in there - just not as much as I had originally. Planned. I just picked out my bridesmaids dresses too! David's Bridal - as much as I didn't want to - had just the perfect dress. Now it is onto shoes for the girls!

    It is soooo hard doing two different colors! Not a lot of things come in both colors you want ugghh I would love to see your bridesmaids dresses and yours!! Congrats on the dress! How many girls are you having stand up?


    Here are the bridesmaid dresses - color will be regency:

    http://www.davidsbri...s-Shop-By-Color

     

    I have three girls standing - 1 MOH and 2 BMs. The other color I was going to have the guys in is the Malibu color. But that has been kicked to the curb....like you said - too hard to get everything to match! Ugh!

     

    And my dress is this one :) EEeee - I get so excited every time I see it :) Mine will be off white - it's so suttle though...you can hardly tell

    http://www.essensede...ses/detail/5648



    #34 UMassRN007

    UMassRN007
    • Jr. Member
    • 230 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade
    • LocationBoston, MA

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

    Originally Posted by tristanc 


    Here are the bridesmaid dresses - color will be regency:

    http://www.davidsbri...s-Shop-By-Color

     

    I have three girls standing - 1 MOH and 2 BMs. The other color I was going to have the guys in is the Malibu color. But that has been kicked to the curb....like you said - too hard to get everything to match! Ugh!

     

    And my dress is this one :) EEeee - I get so excited every time I see it :) Mine will be off white - it's so suttle though...you can hardly tell

    http://www.essensede...ses/detail/5648

    I love your dress choices, especially your wedding dress!!!! I adore the gorgeous strap it has :) 



    #35 UMassRN007

    UMassRN007
    • Jr. Member
    • 230 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade
    • LocationBoston, MA

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

    Hey ladies!! When are you guys planning to send out your invites, and what will your RSVP dates be?? 



    #36 lgerry

    lgerry
    • Jr. Member
    • 349 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

    Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

    Hey ladies!! When are you guys planning to send out your invites, and what will your RSVP dates be?? 

     

    We decided not to do Save the Dates, so we sent mine ours out in January with an RSVP date of October 1st (but our deposits had to be in by May 1st, so we have a pretty good idea of who will be there)



    #37 meganator22

    meganator22
    • Newbie
    • 79 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
    • LocationMichigan

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

    Originally Posted by tristanc 


    Here are the bridesmaid dresses - color will be regency:

    http://www.davidsbri...s-Shop-By-Color

     

    I have three girls standing - 1 MOH and 2 BMs. The other color I was going to have the guys in is the Malibu color. But that has been kicked to the curb....like you said - too hard to get everything to match! Ugh!

     

    And my dress is this one :) EEeee - I get so excited every time I see it :) Mine will be off white - it's so suttle though...you can hardly tell

    http://www.essensede...ses/detail/5648

    EEPPPP!! that is so so exciting! I love those choices! I hope some of my bridesmaids will go haha I feel like so many people are backing out, that said they were coming, which is totally understandable. Hopefully I can just win the lotto and take everyone ;) Your dress is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see pics of you in it! 



    #38 meganator22

    meganator22
    • Newbie
    • 79 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
    • LocationMichigan

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

    Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

    Hey ladies!! When are you guys planning to send out your invites, and what will your RSVP dates be?? 

    Honestly...I may skip the invites all together with this...I feel with our friends and family NO ONE will RSVP, so many people are not even taking putting a deposit down, who really want to go, which I am soooo nervous that the resort will be booked up or something...so far we didn't get the location we wanted for our reception, because it got booked up by the time the wedding coordinator got back to us (sooooo frustrating, but I can't let that bother me now haha) and our room that we wanted got booked up, but we put a deposit on it, so now this one can't get booked up haha that was totally our fault. I dropped the ball on that one. What all have you done so far? I feel like time is ticking down soooo fast...only 9 more months ladies (and gents, if there's any here yet) So I am still on the fence about the invites



    #39 MsCD

    MsCD
    • Newbie
    • 42 posts

      Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

      Originally Posted by lgerry 

       

      We decided not to do Save the Dates, so we sent mine ours out in January with an RSVP date of October 1st (but our deposits had to be in by May 1st, so we have a pretty good idea of who will be there)

      We sent our evites out in February. The RSVP is for next week because our deposits are also due by mid May.



      #40 MsCD

      MsCD
      • Newbie
      • 42 posts

        Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

        Originally Posted by meganator22 

        Honestly...I may skip the invites all together with this...I feel with our friends and family NO ONE will RSVP, so many people are not even taking putting a deposit down, who really want to go, which I am soooo nervous that the resort will be booked up or something...so far we didn't get the location we wanted for our reception, because it got booked up by the time the wedding coordinator got back to us (sooooo frustrating, but I can't let that bother me now haha) and our room that we wanted got booked up, but we put a deposit on it, so now this one can't get booked up haha that was totally our fault. I dropped the ball on that one. What all have you done so far? I feel like time is ticking down soooo fast...only 9 more months ladies (and gents, if there's any here yet) So I am still on the fence about the invites

        We simply send out evites. It was an easy fix and then I made a link to our wedding website for all the information about the resort and prices etc...

        We actually had one of the BM tell my future mother inlaw that they were thinking of waiting to book to see if they could get a better price online...I almost lost my marbles. Especially considering he is coming with the whole family and is my future brother inlaw!

        I just dont think people get it.






        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users