• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#111 duchovny0901

• Site Supporter
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

I am wanting to book with Now for my wedding next July, does anyone have a more extensive list of add-ons and prices? I want to have the best idea possible for what it is going to cost before I make my decision. Thanks!

dcheer I recently confirmed my wedding date there and have some 2014 price listings saved on my comp. I don't know how to post here so private message me your email addy and I can send them to u!

#112 foreverlove

• 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm new to the thread. Just got my confirmation for July 12, 2014. I'm having a really hard time deciding on the reception location and whether I should pay the extra money to do it private. We are expecting around 40-50 people and are trying to limit our budget. Im also a little confused as to what is included for decorations. Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.

#113 Marbear0503

• 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Tacoschihuahua, that is amazing we are getting married at the same place on the same day!! We are doing the divine package as well!! No we are not going to get a DJ, we are just going to bring an ipod dock!!

#114 dcheer14

• 36 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 1, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone know if its necessary to pay for a bar during the reception or are there bars nearby that the guests could get drinks at?

#115 danielle404

• 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I would like to see the photo's for all of the options for restaurants for the reception. Have you seen them anywhere?

#116 MJ Ouellette

MJ Ouellette
        • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

I thought that if you have the "your moment" package and that you paid for a reception with dinner, that the bar was included for the three hours! I could be wrong though, but I hope I will not have to pay a fee per guests per hour!

#117 MJ Ouellette

MJ Ouellette
          • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hello Ladies,

I was in contact with Pastor York back in May, but now I am sending him messages and it says that my emails cannot be delivered... Am I the only one who cannot reach him anymore???

I am starting to be worried... might need to find another Pastor???

And, what are you doing for music? are you taking the Resort`s DJ, outside vendor or just renting speakers for your ipod?

#118 Marbear0503

• 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

MJ Ouellette, we are just going to bring our own Ipod dock. The one we have is really good and goes loud. I am trying to cut down on extra costs as much as possible :)

And we are having a symbolic ceremony, so I don't know anything about the pastor stuff. We couldn't be bothered with all the extra costs for that and to translate everything.

Also, I don't think any package comes with bar but I could be wrong. I'll have to ask my wedding coordinator.

#119 AMYEVANS

• 18 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

I have the devine package and I get a free bar for the reception for 3 hours

#120 MJ Ouellette

MJ Ouellette
                • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have the "your moment" package because it was cheaper to pay everything separate than to take one of the bigger packages. I asked my wedding coordinator about the bar and here is her reply:

Is the bar included in the 3 hour reception? Yes! As you request your moments wedding package the reception is not included. You can add a dinner package that included a private bar for three hours up to 25 guest.

So, I have around 45 guests and I am taking the Gold buffet, therefore I pay 750$+tax and 45$+tax for additional guests. What I understand from her email is that the 750$ includes the dinner and bar for 25 people. Now I am wondering if the 45$ for additional guests includes the dinner +bar or just dinner. If not, then I would pay 45$(dinner) + 18$( premium bar) for each of my additional guests! 

It can get really confusing, and I would like to avoid as many "surprise costs" as possible! 

Same thing for the chair. it's 3$ for extra chairs... do you have to pay that fee twice if you have a ceremony and a reception!? Their guide is helpful but lacks details...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users