Now Larimar 2014 Brides

Hey ladies:

So, I just got word back that the fountain is reserved for my wedding date ARRRGGGHHH!!! I was wondering what any of the past brides thought about the gazebo royale or the eclipse? I will have one child with me, my ring bearer and that is it, I asked my wedding planner did they make exceptions for the Eclipse for just the ceremony since it is adults only, any experience with that?

Edited by Drnelly910

Past brides- has anyone used the resort DJ? How was it? Wondering if its worth paying the extra fee for DJ Mannia or not. Any input is appreciated!

I thought the resort DJ was great. We gave him a list of songs we and he played everything we asked for and improvised the rest based on our style/taste. No regrets at all. We had a friend act as MC and that worked out perfectly. If you designate one of your guests as MC, your wedding coordinator will just tell them what to say and when so it flows quite easily.

Getting married at NOW Larimar 2/25/15 at the fountain with reception at the Relaxing Pool.  Any feedback from anyone who has already had their wedding or done a site visit on the fountain, pool, or had a reception at the Eclipse Night Club?   

My fiance and I are debating because I really like the idea of doing the reception at the night club for a couple reasons...comfortable seating at sofas and chairs out in the open air so people can mingle and relax.  Unless I'm wrong, the pool has pool chairs and the tables/chairs set up for the reception itself only.  There will likely be people travelling through the pool area, thus giving less privacy. The night club is still covered in the event of inclement weather.  Does the night club have a nice view?  Any input would be very much appreciated.  Hopefully I'm posting this properly!!  Don't just see an option for a new post, only a reply. 

Thanks!

Getting married at NOW Larimar 2/25/15 at the fountain with reception at the Relaxing Pool.  Any feedback from anyone who has already had their wedding or done a site visit on the fountain, pool, or had a reception at the Eclipse Night Club?   

My fiance and I are debating because I really like the idea of doing the reception at the night club for a couple reasons...comfortable seating at sofas and chairs out in the open air so people can mingle and relax.  Unless I'm wrong, the pool has pool chairs and the tables/chairs set up for the reception itself only.  There will likely be people travelling through the pool area, thus giving less privacy. The night club is still covered in the event of inclement weather.  Does the night club have a nice view?  Any input would be very much appreciated.  Hopefully I'm posting this properly!!  Don't just see an option for a new post, only a reply. 

Thanks!

Hi there - I got married at Now Larimar a couple of months ago and yes, you would have the benefit of a free lounge if you used the night club. You can also pay for a lounge area at the pool but it is quite expensive. Good news about the pool - you would not have people walking through. When there are weddings there, it is closed off to the rest of the resort. The nightclub does not have a view, though. It's located closer to the hotel lobby and is not directly on the beach. Hope that helps!

Hi everyone;

I am getting married November 12, 2014 and this thred has been fantastic for information!

I am trying to decide on a couple of items and ideas/suggestions/tips would be great.

- dinner reception location - we were thinking the Carnival Terrace, has anyone had their reception there? we have approx 45 people so not sure if they will let us as the max is 40 people. The pool area seems to be a popular location.

- we were thinking about getting the Internation/Caribbean band, has anyone used their band before? Not sure if its worth it to get the DJ and maybe some fire dancers.

- decorations - my color is coral, seems to be the popular color of the year, I am going to bring some sashes for the chairs, do they bring the sashes from the ceremony to the dinner reception to use on the chairs there?

Thanks!

@@JodyEdm Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding! This thread has made my life better for sure with the huge amount of info here.

I would ask your wedding coordinator about the extra 5 people. They are pretty flexible about certain things in my experience so a few extra people shouldn't be so bad!

I know for sure that you'll need to 2 sets; my wedding coordinator Luisa confirmed that one set is needed for the ceremony and another for the reception. I had the same question.

Good luck with planning!

@@duchovny0901 Do you know how much they charge to put the chair sashes on?  The planner isn't clear on how much they charge to put decorations up for us if we bring our own.

Congrats on your wedding!  Mine is a few months before yours!

@@duchovny0901 Do you know how much they charge to put the chair sashes on?  The planner isn't clear on how much they charge to put decorations up for us if we bring our own.

Congrats on your wedding!  Mine is a few months before yours!

Hi Rebelight...

I just booked my wedding here for May 2015.  If you are getting the sashes from the resort, they are $3 each per chair, per event (so you pay separately for them for the ceremony and the reception).  If you bring your own decorations, they will charge you 25% of their on site fee as a 'set up'.  So a chair sash at $3.00 would cost you $0.75 per chair to put them on.  So if you do it for both portions of the wedding, it is $1.50 per chair.  

Depending on how much it costs to ship them, and buy/rent them, it may be cheaper to use theirs, unless it is a colour issue!

I will also add, I was told they don't charge for programs, favours or seating cards.   Has anyone thought of making/getting more decorative programs/seating card/favours that you can put on the chairs instead of sashes?  Just a thought, as its less to carry and less to pay for.

That's just my frugal side talking though :)

@@RebeLight Hi and thanks! Congrats on your upcoming wedding as well!

I have confirmed with my WC that they charge $1 per chair sash when you bring your own. I am also bringing fans, our sand ceremony items, favors, fake rose petals, ring bearer pillow and flower girl baskets, which she confirmed I will not be charged a fee for bringing.

You will be charged a fee for outside DJ services and items that you rent from them that the resort has. For instance, I am paying a $190 fee for DJ Mannia's service, but I am also being charged an additional fee for renting a dance floor from them, as the resort offers both options. However, when I compared the equivalent services side by side, going outside of the resort for me is saving us close to $600. 

I hope this helps!

Ok - I've now been able to confirm my wedding date and time with the resort and the deposit is taken - its really happening!

We're getting married May 25, 2015 at 3:00pm on the beach.  Originally they had scheduled us at 5pm, but I requested the change.  I explained to them that with the cocktail hour and the reception location we have (the relax pool with a sit down dinner from 7-10pm) that we would have no time for photographs without taking time away from an already hurried day!  Now we can relax, enjoy our guests and have some photos done.

Question for everyone though - I have a close cousin who does photography who I was debating having come (with me paying for his trip) to do all the photos that aren't included in the package (including an extra hour photo session, the reception, TTD etc.).  Will they charge me to have him fill in the gaps??? The prices at the resort seem ridiculous to have the whole day covered, especially when I already have some coverage included in our Divine Package.  I feel like the photo packages should be discounted by whatever is already included!

Also - does anyone have a final cost breakdown of what it cost them to bring their own decor?

Finally - does anyone have pictures of the hair/makeup, bridal room etc.?  There have been some posted on the forum that I can't view because my posts aren't high enough!

Finally - is anyone else getting married at the resort when I am? I'd love to share ideas etc., and if it works out, we could even share some decor items.