Photo

My DIY Survival Kit Label for OOT Bag with Pics and List of Items with Price Breakdown

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 gresley

gresley
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Great job!

#22 MMK0386

MMK0386
    • 367 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Great job!

Thanks!! :)

#23 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
    • Site Supporter
    • 62 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

I am having trouble finding bags (zip lock or any brand) that don't have markings on them. Like Date (for frozen food) or brand markings. I feel like I have to go in the store and open up the box before buying them... Ugggg

#24 CAKnight

CAKnight
      • 197 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

You could also use cellophane bags! They are similar to the zip lock brand! I know you can find them at the Dollar Tree, Michaels and Walmart...or just Google cellophane bags! :)

Originally Posted by LilPumpkin 

I am having trouble finding bags (zip lock or any brand) that don't have markings on them. Like Date (for frozen food) or brand markings. I feel like I have to go in the store and open up the box before buying them... Ugggg

#25 MMK0386

MMK0386
      • 367 posts
      • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

You could also use cellophane bags! They are similar to the zip lock brand! I know you can find them at the Dollar Tree, Michaels and Walmart...or just Google cellophane bags! :)

Cellophane is a great idea. I thought about trying that, but I actually asked my FI to pick the bags up on his way joke from work and he lucked out in finding bags with no markings. I wanna say they are the store brand which is probably your best bet when trying to find a bag with nothing on it. Sorry this isn't much help :/

#26 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
      • Site Supporter
      • 62 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by CAKnight 

Great idea. Thank you so much.

#27 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
        • Site Supporter
        • 62 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

Cellophane is a great idea. I thought about trying that, but I actually asked my FI to pick the bags up on his way joke from work and he lucked out in finding bags with no markings. I wanna say they are the store brand which is probably your best bet when trying to find a bag with nothing on it. Sorry this isn't much help :/

I think I am going to try the cellophane idea. I tried our local store brands with no luck. I have a huge supply of zip lock to last me the year. LOL Thanks for your help.

#28 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I think I am going to try the cellophane idea. I tried our local store brands with no luck. I have a huge supply of zip lock to last me the year. LOL Thanks for your help.

Lol! Good luck with cellophane. I think those will turn out great!

#29 torilexington

torilexington
          • Banned
          • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

I hope you were able to find the cellophane bags. Me and my husband have been working on probably the best survival kit. We are almost done with both of our kits and to be honest it brings much comfort knowing we have these kits in case something happens we are ready and prepared. 

#30 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
            • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Wonderful job!! I am totally going to be doing something like this!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users