Moon Dance Cliffs 2014

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 kaitstr

kaitstr
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi everyone!

I am booked for a July 1st 2014 wedding at MDC, and I couldnt be more excited! My fiance and I visited Jamaica in June and fell in love with Moon Dance. For those of you who were unable to do a site visit- do not worry. The resort is STUNNING and the food was much better than the other resort we visited. 

I tried to book Sungold Photography but they are already booked for my date (crazy!) so we are looking into some other options. My fiance is a high school photography teacher so he is very picky about this aspect of wedding planning. 

As for transport- I hadn't thought of using an outside company but we are paying for our guests airport transfers. Using a tour company might actually be cheaper if you have a large number of guests arriving on the same flight- not a bad idea.

#52 kaitstr

kaitstr
    • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

PS I like how we are all labeled 'NOOB's on here. I guess we need to step it up with our posts 

#53 Cherina

Cherina
      • Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Merrick Cousley is amazing!

Hi everyone! I am booked for a July 1st 2014 wedding at MDC, and I couldnt be more excited! My fiance and I visited Jamaica in June and fell in love with Moon Dance. For those of you who were unable to do a site visit- do not worry. The resort is STUNNING and the food was much better than the other resort we visited.  I tried to book Sungold Photography but they are already booked for my date (crazy!) so we are looking into some other options. My fiance is a high school photography teacher so he is very picky about this aspect of wedding planning.  As for transport- I hadn't thought of using an outside company but we are paying for our guests airport transfers. Using a tour company might actually be cheaper if you have a large number of guests arriving on the same flight- not a bad idea.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#54 alicialo

alicialo
        • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by kaitstr 

Hi everyone!

I am booked for a July 1st 2014 wedding at MDC, and I couldnt be more excited! My fiance and I visited Jamaica in June and fell in love with Moon Dance. For those of you who were unable to do a site visit- do not worry. The resort is STUNNING and the food was much better than the other resort we visited. 

I tried to book Sungold Photography but they are already booked for my date (crazy!) so we are looking into some other options. My fiance is a high school photography teacher so he is very picky about this aspect of wedding planning. 

As for transport- I hadn't thought of using an outside company but we are paying for our guests airport transfers. Using a tour company might actually be cheaper if you have a large number of guests arriving on the same flight- not a bad idea.

Congratulations!!!! I am booked for the week after, June 10th!!!! I did not get to do a visit, I am a little nervous.

#55 kaitstr

kaitstr
          • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Don't be nervous! There are no words to describe how beautiful the resort is. I am sure you will love it!

#56 kaitstr

kaitstr
            • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the advice Cherina, I contacted Merrick and he has been amazingly nice and accommodating. Pretty sure we're going to go with him.

#57 Cherina

Cherina
              • Banned
              • 636 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Glad to hear it kaitstr he is an amazingly talented photographer and just a great guy.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#58 Carrie13

Carrie13
                • 12 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Moon dance cliffs, Jamaica

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

What is everyone planning to do for hair and make up on your wedding day?  I know MDC has a spa (Kamala) but I am nervous about using them since I can't find any reviews or photos anywhere of their work.  I know I saw earlier in this thread (I THINK it was this thread) that some girls opted to hire a professional make up artist based out of Negril.  I did some research and she also does hair.  She has a facebook page where you can see all of her work (which looks amazing).  I am more comfortable with this since I can actually see her work and I like it.  However, I feel bad not using MDC's own spa and employees.

I have thick curly hair that is just going to have to be put into an updo since it will be too frizzy in the humidity.  I have never liked an updo I've ever gotten (for proms, other weddings I was in) and I am getting especially nervous about  using a spa I know nothing about to do an updo for my wedding day.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this or what you are planning on doing?

#59 alicialo

alicialo
                • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Carrie13 

What is everyone planning to do for hair and make up on your wedding day?  I know MDC has a spa (Kamala) but I am nervous about using them since I can't find any reviews or photos anywhere of their work.  I know I saw earlier in this thread (I THINK it was this thread) that some girls opted to hire a professional make up artist based out of Negril.  I did some research and she also does hair.  She has a facebook page where you can see all of her work (which looks amazing).  I am more comfortable with this since I can actually see her work and I like it.  However, I feel bad not using MDC's own spa and employees.

I have thick curly hair that is just going to have to be put into an updo since it will be too frizzy in the humidity.  I have never liked an updo I've ever gotten (for proms, other weddings I was in) and I am getting especially nervous about  using a spa I know nothing about to do an updo for my wedding day.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this or what you are planning on doing?

I am not sure what to do for my hair and makeup. I am thinking about going to Jamaica on Saturday before the wedding to hopefully get a trial, but I have to do research.

#60 alicialo

alicialo
                  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am in need of help, I have not booked a photographer yet, everyone I have looked at seems really expensive. Can you guys recommend a good photographer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users