Originally Posted by la2424
I am new to this site but have already read so many helpful posts from past & present brides on the Moon Dance Cliffs wedding experience! Our wedding is booked for 01/18/2014 & I am just in the beginning stages of planning with Kerry. Any & all advice, recommendations, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! If anyone could touch on the following, it would also be greatly appreciated:
1. I would love any tips on traveling with decorations, favors, OOT bags & goodies, etc. Did you just pack a suitcase with all of that stuff, divide it among bridal party/family?
2. Working on planing a group excursion to Margaritaville & possible doing a drink & food package for our guests...has anyone done this during their wedding weekend?
3. Going to do a Welcome Cocktail Hour on the Thursday night before the wedding when most guests are arriving...has anyone done something like that at MDC & have any ideas or tips? I am thinking about hiring the band recommended by Kerry for that night as well, Front Page? Any reviews on the band?
4. For ceremony music, I was considering the steel drum band. Has anyone used them for their ceremony & have any reviews or tips?
Thank you so so much, I am so looking forward to hearing back from anyone that can help me out in any way!!
Hello there and welcome! I'm unfortunately not getting married at MDC so I can't speak to anything specific at that resort, but I will try to help with your other questions!
1) for OOT bags I (and most of the brides here) am planning to bring extra suitcases with me. We're flying American, which allows 2 checked bags/person so I'm hoping that between my fiance and I we can fit it all in. If not, I'll recruit my parents to take some sutff down with them too. Depending on how much you'll have, I suggest spreading it up between friends and family so you can avoid any extra baggage fees. But be sure to check with your airline too to see what's allowed!
2) We're not planning an excursion to Margaritaville. We're doing Dunn's River Falls and I'm looking forward to it-- should be ufn!
3) We're doing a welcome bonfire the Friday before the wedding. Ours includes an open bar and a DJ. Sorry, can't help you out with MDC inclusions/tips!
4) We are planning to do a steel drum band for the ceremony too! I feel like it'll add a fun island flair and will be something my guests have never experienced. We're going to have them at the cocktail hour right after the ceremony too but then switch to a DJ for the reception.
Sorry I don't have information more specific to your resort, but I hope some of this was helpful nonetheless!