Photo

Getting married in 2 weeks!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 David and Laura

David and Laura
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

I am getting married two weeks from today. I do not know where the time went! All of you girls seem so together. I am SUCH a procrastinator. I am basically cramming 2 months of work into the next week. The great thing is, even if I don't get everything finished, the wedding will still go on. I will get to spend time with my friends and family in Mexico, making memories that will last a lifetime. Best of all, I am marrying the greatest man in the whole world. That outshines any potential ugly centerpiece or botched DIY program.

Thank all of you girls for your help through this process. If it wasn't for all of the reassuring posts from past Dreams brides, I would be an absolute mess right now. I promise to return the favor when I get back in November with a detailed review and lots of pictures.

Happy Friday! :)

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

that is so exciting!!! do you have pretty much everything finished?

#3 David and Laura

David and Laura
      • 177 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by beachbride
        that is so exciting!!! do you have pretty much everything finished?
        Haha...umm, no. I work great under pressure, though. I have all the ideas laid out, and most everything purchased. It's just a matter of putting it all together.

#4 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

Congratulations, how exciting! What do you have left to do?

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

you will get it all done, and you are right, whatever gets done is okay and honestly no one will know! Enjoy this last couple of weeks. It will really start flying by.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Tammy1958

Tammy1958
          • 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:29 AM

Yay! You are getting married on my birthday! I got married in Mexico on Sept 29th. Somehow all the details came together. It was so awesome my friends and family were there. We all had an awesome time! And you will too! Congratulations!

#7 David and Laura

David and Laura
            • 177 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

Well, I am sending out an "FAQ" to all RSVPed guests with some basic info about what to bring, what to expect, etc. That's all typed up, I just have to print it and mail them out tomorrow morning. My last fitting for my dress is tomorrow. I need to put favors in the favor bags that are going in my OOT bag. I have to put my programs together, put together our welcome letter, and print out a poem I am framing for our "in loving memory table". I am sure I am leaving some things out. On top of that, my job is very demanding. I have a ton of stuff to do at work. I am trying really hard not to get stressed out.:)

#8 David and Laura

David and Laura
              • 177 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Tammy and Christine! :)

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:33 AM

Wow, 2 weeks! That is awesome and I love the attitude you have about it.

#10 jak27

jak27
                  • 715 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

Wow! 2 weeks is so exciting! You'll get it all done, don't worry! Just enjoy it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users