Bridesmaid with tattoos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Krystal084

• Site Supporter
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

One of my bridesmaids (my cousin who I have been close to forever) has a half-sleeve tattoo that is VERY noticeable.  She is in my wedding party.  I do not care for tattoos and she has always known this.  Although I do not plan on asking her to cover up her tattoos on my big day, I am considering asking my photographer to photoshop them out of all the pictures.  In your opinion, do you think this is mean or inconsiderate?  Keep in mind that she will be viewing the wedding album for years to come as she is in my family.

#2 Cherina

• Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I personally wouldn't. I feel like if this is a person you love then in hindsight you may want all of her including her bold personality as evidenced by the sleeve.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#3 Kassi22

• 135 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

I personally wouldn't do that and probably would be offended if you did so. I dont have sleeve Tattoos mind you, and I can understand where you are coming from, but I do have several friends with Tattoos like this and they have deep meaning and are a part of who they are. I think getting having photoshopped out is like almost being ashamed.. trying to hide it...change who they are .. though we know that's not the case.. it just comes across like that.

#4 Krystal084

• Site Supporter
        • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

You guys are right.. I definitely don't think it's worth hurting the feelings of someone I care about. Thanks for your opinions!

#5 Cherina

• Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for really taking the time to think about it. So may times people post questions or polls and don't really want to know opinions they want validation and if it does not come the get outrageous. Good luck with your plans and it will be beautiful !

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#6 blondi1029

• 152 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

You could talk to the photographer while shes not around (so you dont offend her) and see if for pictures if he/she could position her where the tattoos are hidden a little bit. Dont know how well it would work but its a thought.

#7 mscheryl10

• 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

If the tattoos bother you that much ask her to wear a sleeved dress or pashima, I wouldn't photoshop her, lol. She would probably be offended. If she is important enough to be in your wedding then she means alot to you, it isn't worth it to cause hard feelings.

#8 KWandCM

• 189 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I think think have shawls for the girls could be a great solution. Your photographer might have other tips but regardless, I'm sure your pictures will turn out beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users