How to Rent a Private Villa

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 diana22

diana22
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hello Ladies!

So my FI and I decided on renting a private villa in the Riviera Maya area instead of getting married at a resort. Because we are only having 14 guests, it would actually be cheaper for us. Renting a villa means I don't have to pay for all those "guest" fees to have a makeup/hair/florists/DJ/mariachi band etc come. Also, we can end the party later than at a resort. But I have never rented a villa before and never really know about how to do so. Any of you know really good websites to search for villas? Also, what kinds of things should I be asking in terms of contracts, fees, etc? I have no clue when it comes to renting villas so ANY information would be of great help !! Thank you so much!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Congrats diana22! and welcome to this wonderful forum resouce :) you'll find loads of great info + help here.

One thing I would suggest you may consider and ask about when searching for a villa - is what kind of security features it includes.....ie in a gated community, guard(s), alarm system, etc? just for your peace of mind, as you're not " under the umbrella of a resort". 

That being said, it sounds so charming - to have your own vila for your private wedding celebration.......Awesome! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 SweetFire

SweetFire
      • Vendor
      • 330 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hola Diana,

A Villa is a great option and there are so many gorgeous areas with private villas for rent!  My number one recommendation is to only rent from a professional company with an active website and a good reputation!  I would avoid sites where individuals can post their own advertisements.  One company I have had good experiences with is Bric Rentals (www.bricrental.com). 

If you haven't already, hiring a local wedding planner would also make the planning process much much easier! 

Happy planning and let us know how we can help!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

#4 MrsElephant

MrsElephant
        • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

If you are renting a villa, will you be hiring a separate wedding planner? If you are, you could find a wedding company to plan for you first, then ask for villa recommendations. 

#5 courtyardbride

courtyardbride
          • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi Diana,

I had a villa wedding at Hacienda del Mar (an 11 bedroom oceanfront villa in Puerto Aventuras. Here's a lovely website of villas: http://www.villasofd...ienda-del-mar/.

You will not regret your villa wedding. Also, I just posted about things to consider for a villa vs resort wedding, for when you are taking your next steps.

Good luck!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Check out this great Article that Alexis wrote: Planning a Villa Wedding In Mexico

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Ceelou

Ceelou
            • 43 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

One of my favorite villa weddings is this one: http://www.playa.inf...nov-2010-a.html

I'd also suggest hiring a planner to help bring it all together. You'll want to spend your time enjoying your friends and family, not running around and organizing! They can also help sort all the payments and coordinate with vendors. A huge plus.

#8 weddingsinplaya

weddingsinplaya
              • Vendor
              • 68 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hello!

The wedding referenced above, Jen and Adams, is one of the weddings we get asked about most! Renting a villa is a great option for those of you wanting something totally private and customizable.

Playacar has several beautiful options.

Here is more on our Playacar Villa wedding: http://weddingsinpla...ac-in-playacar/

~ weddingsinplaya

#9 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                • Vendor
                • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

We loooove villa weddings, so intimate and an incredible way to really personalize your wedding. 

The Hacienda del Mar mentioned by courtyardbride is a great option, here are some more photos for inspiration! 

First, the CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Next, the gorgeous CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

There are many, many villa options to choose from, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Playa del Carmen, Tulum...almost harder to choose one than a regular resort but a FABULOUS idea! Happy planning!

#10 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
                  • Vendor
                  • 336 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hello!

Our favorite will be http://www.casadelagua.com

Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users