Sign in to follow this  
diana22

How to Rent a Private Villa

Hello Ladies!

So my FI and I decided on renting a private villa in the Riviera Maya area instead of getting married at a resort. Because we are only having 14 guests, it would actually be cheaper for us. Renting a villa means I don't have to pay for all those "guest" fees to have a makeup/hair/florists/DJ/mariachi band etc come. Also, we can end the party later than at a resort. But I have never rented a villa before and never really know about how to do so. Any of you know really good websites to search for villas? Also, what kinds of things should I be asking in terms of contracts, fees, etc? I have no clue when it comes to renting villas so ANY information would be of great help !! Thank you so much!

Congrats diana22! and welcome to this wonderful forum resouce :) you'll find loads of great info + help here.

One thing I would suggest you may consider and ask about when searching for a villa - is what kind of security features it includes.....ie in a gated community, guard(s), alarm system, etc? just for your peace of mind, as you're not " under the umbrella of a resort". 

That being said, it sounds so charming - to have your own vila for your private wedding celebration.......Awesome! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Hola Diana,

A Villa is a great option and there are so many gorgeous areas with private villas for rent!  My number one recommendation is to only rent from a professional company with an active website and a good reputation!  I would avoid sites where individuals can post their own advertisements.  One company I have had good experiences with is Bric Rentals (www.bricrental.com). 

If you haven't already, hiring a local wedding planner would also make the planning process much much easier! 

Happy planning and let us know how we can help!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

If you are renting a villa, will you be hiring a separate wedding planner? If you are, you could find a wedding company to plan for you first, then ask for villa recommendations. 

Hi Diana,

I had a villa wedding at Hacienda del Mar (an 11 bedroom oceanfront villa in Puerto Aventuras. Here's a lovely website of villas: http://www.villasofdistinction.com/villas/riviera-maya/hacienda-del-mar/.

You will not regret your villa wedding. Also, I just posted about things to consider for a villa vs resort wedding, for when you are taking your next steps.

Good luck!

One of my favorite villa weddings is this one: http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/59230-our-wedding-playacar-11-days-playa-del-carmen-nov-2010-a.html

I'd also suggest hiring a planner to help bring it all together. You'll want to spend your time enjoying your friends and family, not running around and organizing! They can also help sort all the payments and coordinate with vendors. A huge plus.

Hello!

The wedding referenced above, Jen and Adams, is one of the weddings we get asked about most! Renting a villa is a great option for those of you wanting something totally private and customizable.

Playacar has several beautiful options.

Here is more on our Playacar Villa wedding: http://weddingsinplaya.com/jen-and-adam-private-villa-casa-chaac-in-playacar/

~ weddingsinplaya

We loooove villa weddings, so intimate and an incredible way to really personalize your wedding. 

The Hacienda del Mar mentioned by courtyardbride is a great option, here are some more photos for inspiration! 

First, the Hacienda del Mar Riviera Maya wedding of Jenna and Nick

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Next, the gorgeous Riviera Maya Hacienda del Mar wedding of Juan Carlos and Juah, wow!

There are many, many villa options to choose from, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Playa del Carmen, Tulum...almost harder to choose one than a regular resort but a FABULOUS idea! Happy planning!