Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Joining the mommy club

um in the US it all depends on your employer, I can take up to 6 weeks and use up any of my sick time, but since I will be on summer break (I am a teacher) I don't have to use my sick time, which is what I meant by no maternity leave.

Wow a year, I need to move to Cananda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
um in the US it all depends on your employer, I can take up to 6 weeks and use up any of my sick time, but since I will be on summer break (I am a teacher) I don't have to use my sick time, which is what I meant by no maternity leave.
Wow a year, I need to move to Cananda
rofl Christine, I know I'm always surprised when I'm reminded how little time new mom's get in the U.S.!

yes I wish I could afford to be a stay at home mommy, but I actually make more money than my hubby right now, so that's not an option, but at least I get two months and my family will be out to help a little in the fall which will help with daycare costs.

YAY HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I just asked your due date on another thread..oops! June is a good month for babies (I'm a Gemini myself, June 12th) Anyways, You can make all those kiddos at school do all of your running around by the end of the month! cheer2.gif Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy!

OMG I am so friggin happy for you Christine. I feel like jumping on my bed.... so exciting!

CONGRATS!!!! WOOHOO another BDW mommy to be, this is wonderful!