Any Ontario Brides out there??

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi everyone

Just got engaged before Christmas and we have always wanted to have a DW!

We want an amazing resort but affordable for our guests. Airfare + Resort + Taxes = $1000-1200 pp

Any help would be great!

Thank you so much

Heather

#2 Loreal30

Loreal30
    • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hey Heather, Congrats on the engagement! I am from Sudbury,Ontario, and my budget for guests was about the same as yours! We decided on the RUI Ocho Rios. We are paying 1299 tax in for flight, transfers, transportation from the airport to the resort and of course it's an all inclusive resort. My travel agent is in Welland, Ontario and of course I'm in Sudbury. We have only talked on the phone and exchanged emails and so far so good! If you need any more information pm me, and good luck! :)

#3 Loreal30

Loreal30
      • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

***RIU lol not RUI

#4 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
        • 360 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Congrats on your engagements. I'm from Toronto, ON and I'm having my destination wedding in Riviera Maya at Gran Bahia Principe and my travel agent quoted me $1103pp for double room for next November. I went with Destinationweddings.com and they assigned me a travel agent who's based in Kitchener. Happy planning!

#5 SweetFire

SweetFire
          • Vendor
          • 330 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!

Mexico is a great destination choice as airfare from Toronto can be as low as $400 roundtrip, making your total budget per person totally feasible!!!   Check out

Happy Planning from 2 fellow Canadians,

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

#6 ABCDwedding

ABCDwedding
            • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi everyone Just got engaged before Christmas and we have always wanted to have a DW! We want an amazing resort but affordable for our guests. Airfare + Resort + Taxes = $1000-1200 pp Any help would be great! Thank you so much Heather

. I too am a newly engaged lucky lady from Ontario. We have not picked a resort either and have a budget for each guest to be max 1300 dollars. We are wanting our resort to be in the cancun area. We are still in the early planning stages. We are going to cancun this February to look at some resorts :) Wedding is in February 2014

#7 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
              • 52 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

We went to the Riu Ocho Rios a couple years ago. Its a great resort, amazing food, fun staff, we really liked it. Im sure your wedding will be amazing!

#8 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
                • 52 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Do the travel agents specialize in booking destination weddings?

#9 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
                  • 360 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I went to Flight Centre and spoke with someone from Sunwing as well, but they were not very helpful. I ended up going with the travel agent now, and she's amazing. She's been handling all the guests bookings for me so I don't have to worry about that, and she helped me negotiate my rate. So travel agent, I would say, comes highly recommended. I think the travel agents from BDW (Wrights Travel) would probably be pretty dependable as well, and probably know really well what they're doing.

#10 Loreal30

Loreal30
                    • 234 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Thanks! We are very excited! My travel agent specializes in destination weddings! She's been doing DW's for 28 years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users