Hello Brides!! Hope everyone had a great holiday! :D I have been engaged for about 6 months now and had not done any planning at all thinking it was too early (planning for July 2014 wedding). Well I finally decided to get the ball rolling and reached out to a TA. After reading tons of reviews on Wright Travel Agency I decided to reach out to them and received a response within a day from Wendy Hicks! It's been 3 days since our first email and so far she has been great! With her help, my fiancé and I believe we have found "THE" one!!!! We have decided on going with the Gran Caribe Real in Cancun! We have also decided on wedding colors as well! Soo now that I have really gotten the ball rolling I don't want to stop. I'm left asking myself "What do I do now?" I don't want to make a definite decision on the resort until I go on a site visit which won't be able to happen until July 2013. :( SOOO brides, what should I do now? Thoughts/Ideas?? Thanks!!! -Lori

Hi Lori, I'm a July 2014 b2b too. I already sent save the date email, website, booked ceremony site, reception and wedding planner. Î'M doing the invitation now. I know it feels weird because it seems like so far away.

Thanks for the suggestion ladies!! Although I have my eyes set on a resort I don't want to set anything in stone until I do a site visit in the summer :(

So I have received a response from Real Resorts and my date is available July 25, 2014 (thats a Friday) woohoo But now I'm thinking of changing it to Wednesday July 23 to save $400 for the weekend fee. I have TONS of questions I need to ask the WC but I'm stuck!! Do I book my date and save my questions for the site visit this summer or do I go ahead and bombard her with questions via email?

So I'm glad I didn't put a deposit right away on Gran Caribe. Turns out the quotes I received were a little too pricey Long story short I am now working with a local travel agent near home and working on getting quotes from this agency for Gran Caribe AND now I'm interested in another resort. The Barcelo Maya Palace Delux has caught my eye. I like that its more resort style not like Gran Caribe that building style with ONE pool. I'm also workin in getting quotes for that as well. Has anyone recently gotten married at this resort? Would you recommend it?

Yay! July 2014 brides!!

I like this thread for comparing what we have all done so far...especially because you tend to plan things earlier for DW's than you would a local wedding. Sometimes I think I'm planning crazy early, so this puts things into perspective! lol

-ordered my dress

-put deposit down on resort & flight

-guests put deposit down for group rate

-sent out DIY boarding pass STD/Invites (not sure what to call them because they had the date PLUS booking info, resort info, travel dates, website, etc... but NO official return RSVP) 

-wedding party confirmed

Love to see some lists from other July 2014 brides :)