Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8280 replies to this topic

#7631 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

tyrebride2b2013 - I tried on about 20 dresses and went to 3 shops.  The one I picked felt FABULOUS on but I didn't think it was the one because it was strapless and I didn't want strapless because I have broad shoulders and I kinda think I look like a Quarterback without straps...  My daughter picked out the dress so I tried it on anyway.  I had my daughter taking photos of me in the same pose with every dress I tried on.  I wanted to be sure I looked as good in the pictures as I thought I did in the mirror.  Anyway, turns out that I liked the way this dress looked in the pics and I knew it felt so great on so I went back to the shop the next weekend and tried on my favorite 2.  That one dress that my daughter picked out just felt so right and looked so suitable for my laid back beach wedding yet I still looked and felt like a bride.

I also waited to the last minute because I wanted to lose weight too but I got down to 6 months before and knew I had to do it.  Apparently they can alter the dresses down 4 sizes, which would be about 40 pounds.  So if you plan on losing between 0 - 40 pounds, you're safe to order your dress now. 

And if I had to pick one of your dresses.... I would say #3 from the ones Evknowsitall's post earlier on this page is my favourite one.

I got a call my dress is in.  I get to try it on tomorrow!  YAY!

#7632 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

tyrebride2b2013 - I tried on about 20 dresses and went to 3 shops.  The one I picked felt FABULOUS on but I didn't think it was the one because it was strapless and I didn't want strapless because I have broad shoulders and I kinda think I look like a Quarterback without straps...  My daughter picked out the dress so I tried it on anyway.  I had my daughter taking photos of me in the same pose with every dress I tried on.  I wanted to be sure I looked as good in the pictures as I thought I did in the mirror.  Anyway, turns out that I liked the way this dress looked in the pics and I knew it felt so great on so I went back to the shop the next weekend and tried on my favorite 2.  That one dress that my daughter picked out just felt so right and looked so suitable for my laid back beach wedding yet I still looked and felt like a bride.

I also waited to the last minute because I wanted to lose weight too but I got down to 6 months before and knew I had to do it.  Apparently they can alter the dresses down 4 sizes, which would be about 40 pounds.  So if you plan on losing between 0 - 40 pounds, you're safe to order your dress now. 

And if I had to pick one of your dresses.... I would say #3 from the ones Evknowsitall's post earlier on this page is my favourite one.

I got a call my dress is in.  I get to try it on tomorrow!  YAY!

Thank you so much CDNbridejoanne, I am trying to lose atleast 30 lbs so that's great. I am trying to decide on my dress by the end of the month so fingers crossed.  I am going to take the advice from here and go back and try on faves with a complete dress look.  Thanks for letting me know your favorite too.  Good luck on your fitting tomorrow.Keep us posted!

#7633 Nancy McKay

Nancy McKay
      • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Here is how I looked on my Wedding Day Aug 8/13 at Ocean Turquesa in Mexico.  It is a Sophia Tolli in cappuccino.

#7634 Chantel

Chantel
        • 48 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
        • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Very pretty

THANK YOU! Very excited - 93 days to go!

#7635 Chantel

Chantel
        • 48 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis
        • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

We're wedding twins! I got married July 5th in DR. Your dress is a beauty!

Very beautiful dress, Jenn! Love the flare in the skirt.

#7636 csho

csho
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Beautiful! I love the dress! You looked amazing!

Originally Posted by Nancy McKay 

Here is how I looked on my Wedding Day Aug 8/13 at Ocean Turquesa in Mexico.  It is a Sophia Tolli in cappuccino.

#7637 elissae

elissae
        • 631 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
        • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

There you are!  Such a lovely dress.  You look gorgeous!  Congrats! xoxo

Originally Posted by Nancy McKay 

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#7638 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
        • 145 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Nancy - very beautiful dress!  You looked absolutely gorgeous.  Congratulations!  I want those colours for my bouquet as well.

#7639 Janelle0308

Janelle0308
          • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I found my dress! It's Allure 8966. I don't have any pictures of me in it - I couldn't try it on because the sample was too small.  As soon as I saw it I knew it was it and cried without even having put it on (which is huge for me as I'm not a cryer). The problem now is do I order the dress without ever having tried it on? One of my friends did it and couldn't be happier.  If I don't end up liking it I won't have time to order a new dress. Help!!   http://www.allurebri...lquC-YVdE.gmail

#7640 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
            • 137 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
            • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Janelle dress looks gorgeous. I say go for it just maybe try a similar fit so in another model so you know it hugs you right in all the places. If you like it this much from just seeing it I'm sure you will love it on yourself! Plus you can always have things altered!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users