Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6401 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Ok so I've had a bit of dress drama lately. When I got my first dress we were planning on a simple ceremony in Maui with 10/12 people tops. But soon enough we had all sorts of people that wanted to go and it got to be too involved to plan a wedding and everyone's trip to HI. Not to mention expensive!! So we moved our ceremony and reception to Now Sapphire in Rivera Maya Mexico. With a new change in venue and a more 'upscale' feel I was feeling unsure and uncomfortable about my dress. So I was able to find another dress that made me feel more comfortable, beautiful and more importantly bridal. Here it is!!! It needs to be altered but I LOVE it!

This is such a pretty dress.. so glad you found something that made you feel more bridal and elegant for the change of venue

#6402 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
    • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by missb0308 

Here's my dress... I had tried on at least a dozen, but when I put this one on, I knew it was the one :) .

This is soo pretty.. I love the high low dresses.. great for showing off shoes!

#6403 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
      • 593 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Thank You soooo much Ladies. Unfortunately now i think i am going through my dress regret. I loved it when i tried it on.. but now going back through the pictures... its making me sad :( Im thinking now its too much. Maybe i just need to go try it on again

I really think every bride must have dress regret at some point during the process. Not that I'm happy all these brides are having it but at least it lets me know I'm not alone. Almost crying because of a dress? I thought I might have been going insane haha. I don't think your dress is too much at all- I think its exquisite. Then again- my dress is heavily beaded and I love dresses that are. There's no right or wrong dress or too little or too much. It's about you and how you feel. Put it back on and fall in love again.

Attached Files

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#6404 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
        • 955 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Quote:

Thank You soooo much Ladies. Unfortunately now i think i am going through my dress regret. I loved it when i tried it on.. but now going back through the pictures... its making me sad :( Im thinking now its too much. Maybe i just need to go try it on again

There's definitely a lot going on, but the texture and details complement each other beautifully. I think it's natural to have a bit of dress regret, it's a huge commitment on our part. But I think Elissa said it best, your dress is magical.  It's unique and makes a great statement.  Your dress might seem like it's too much now, but just remember you’re in the confines of your living room. The location and decor on your actual wedding day will suite your dress perfectly. 

#6405 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Quote:

There's definitely a lot going on, but the texture and details complement each other beautifully. I think it's natural to have a bit of dress regret, it's a huge commitment on our part. But I think Elissa said it best, your dress is magical.  It's unique and makes a great statement.  Your dress might seem like it's too much now, but just remember you’re in the confines of your living room. The location and decor on your actual wedding day will suite your dress perfectly. 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I really think every bride must have dress regret at some point during the process. Not that I'm happy all these brides are having it but at least it lets me know I'm not alone. Almost crying because of a dress? I thought I might have been going insane haha. I don't think your dress is too much at all- I think its exquisite. Then again- my dress is heavily beaded and I love dresses that are. There's no right or wrong dress or too little or too much. It's about you and how you feel. Put it back on and fall in love again.

Thanks for your encouragment ladies.. i really do want to go try it on again.. only my mom has seen it adn i think i desperatly need the opinion of my MOH to be completely satisfied. Also because i went and tried the dress on the day it came in it was in a little bit disarray. Im also altering the first layer of tulle as its only about an inch long and im scared its going to continue flipping up like in the pic so im going to take that off and tack down the lace at the bottom of the bodice to the second longer layer of tulle.. just to make sure it all lays flat. Also the length is a bit overwhelming... and makes the ruffles over take me.. so with the length removed hopefully it will be perfect and no more regret

#6406 missb0308

missb0308
            • 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

This is soo pretty.. I love the high low dresses.. great for showing off shoes!

Thank you, Ali!  I can't wait to see it all together :)

#6407 missb0308

missb0308
              • 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for your encouragment ladies.. i really do want to go try it on again.. only my mom has seen it adn i think i desperatly need the opinion of my MOH to be completely satisfied. Also because i went and tried the dress on the day it came in it was in a little bit disarray. Im also altering the first layer of tulle as its only about an inch long and im scared its going to continue flipping up like in the pic so im going to take that off and tack down the lace at the bottom of the bodice to the second longer layer of tulle.. just to make sure it all lays flat. Also the length is a bit overwhelming... and makes the ruffles over take me.. so with the length removed hopefully it will be perfect and no more regret

Your dress is stunning and fits you so amazingly well.  I would love to have all of that bling!  I hope the slight alterations give you that "wow" feeling :)

#6408 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
                • 255 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

What a beautiful dress! I love the sash, it adds a little extra to the dress.

#6409 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

noooo such thing as "too much" when it comes to THE dress girl. this is YOUR DAY (ok, yours & your FI's, but really - YOURS). Wear what makes you feel beautiful. What you can picture yourself walking down the aisle wearing. Remember that smile you had when you put the dress on. and go back and try it on again...as many times as you need to. it's stunning, really. and fabulous on you. 

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl:

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#6410 olive0y1

olive0y1
                  • 202 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by elissae 

Well my dress arrived last week!  I went to the bridal shop Saturday to inspect, try it on and pay off the balance.  I ordered it 9 months ago and was about 5 lbs lighter (maybe a few inches less, too!).  When they measured me back in January, they wanted to order me the size 10.  I asked to order a size 12 instead since I know coming off the summer I am a bit heavier and would rather have more to work with then not enough as far as alterations go.  Thank goodness I did because the size 12 fit almost perfectly, a little bit too snug for my comfort, but I am not use to wearing form fitting dresses/gowns like this.  And I know I hope to lose those 5 lbs and a few inches between now and the wedding.  There will be a few alterations needed, like perhaps an inch on the hem and an eyelet hook on the back which ironically once was not sewn into the dress.

I gotta say I have been so happy about my dress choice all these months, but ironically this past Saturday I had some doubt...I was even a tiny bit sad.  I have no clue what came over me...hours later I felt better about my choice after looking at the pics, but that initial thought of doubt scared me.  Maybe it was just all the excitement and build up to that day...who knows!  I just wish that did not happen initially.  :-(

I had ordered an accessory belt to bling up the dress a bit.  I was planning to tie as a bow in the back and not sew/attach to the dress.  However, now I am unsure.  My Mom & Nanny seem to think the dress alone, without the belt, is the way to go.  Mom thought the bow took away from the beauty of the back of the dress.  My best friend thought the bling of the belt was "me" and perhaps sew the belt onto the dress, bling in front, however, no bow in back, just sew the ribbon to back of dress to the center zipper.

My other girlfriend thought the bow in the back was simple and romantic.  Now I am on the fence.  I was looking to have the belt and match my jewelry with it.  Just some hanging earrings and a bracelet (no necklace since I'd have the bling of the belt).  Also, no veil, just a tropical flower in my hair.

I would love any input you ladies may have.  Here are pics from Saturday with and without the belt/bow.  Thanks girls! xoxo

I say go w/ the belt. Just tie it so you can take it off later on if mother wants a photo of you w/o it. Either way, you look fabulous in the dress and just remember tha you have to be happy with it over all. It is about YOU after all no matter how hard we want to please folks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users