Photo

Family Pressure

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:34 AM

I would let the family rush ... You told the family 1st that the wedding was on a beach on a certain date, no? So why did your step-sister plan her wedding 7 days after yours? That is not very nice... I don't have a sister, but I would be so mad at her if she would of done this to me ! Talk some sense into her, mabe things will turn out fine

#12 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

I should print this out and show my mom. Maybe if she saw how many people have successful DW's she would ease up. She doesn't like travel or speak Spanish but I keep reminding her it's a US territory for crying out loud!
      Unfortunately the step-twit is FI's step-sister and there is no talking to them. They actually leave the room whenever his family is around. Every holiday is painful to say the least. I feel we are trying, I know I am but they just seem so angry that their dad remarried and they are taking it out on us.
      Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

I can't believe she would book her wedding a week after you are having a DW - what a BEYOTCH!!!!
        I'm pulling for you - don't let them get to you - in the end they will be glad they are there with you or you will glad they are not there to drag you both down!

#14 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

Can't believe families are the ones typically giving grief to DWs. This is your time and it is all about you. I completely agree with everyone else said, don't worry about whether they will come or not, just do what you love and make yourselves happy.

#15 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoBride
            I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I can't believe she booked her wedding the week after your destination wedding. I wouldn't change any of your plans though. Go, have a good time and don't worry about accomodating people that are not worried about you or your feelings.
            I agree with Mo and everyone else... I can't believe your stepsister did that...unbelievable! Keep planning your DW, it's YOUR day!

#16 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear you're going through this! I don't have much to add - except that the step-sister is being a spoiled brat. Who does that? In any case, plan your wedding the way you want it! Its your day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users