SAM
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

I bought a bridesmaid dress for $150

#152 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

I just bought mine last weekend. It came to just under $3,000. I think about $2,970 or something. It did say that doesn't include alterations which my mom mentioned to me after. But the sample size actually fit absolutely perfect, so I ordered that size and most likely won't have any alterations at all! Unless I get lucky and lose 10lbs.

#153 samanthag

samanthag
      • 896 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

The very first dress I had in mind over a year ago was $6,500. I never tried the dress on. I saw it on one of those "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" shows & called the store where it was purchased and found out the price.
        - So all along my FI is thinking that's the cost of wedding dresses.
        Fast forward....
        I found "the dress" at a boutique down the street from where I live. The price tag, $5,000.00. I left & told the owner that I would come back with my mom because I wanted her to see the dress on me. I then went online & found that the designer sold her dresses to a few other stores in Texas. I called one nearest me and she said the same exact dress was $4,000.00!?

So with that, I called the boutique down the street from me & told the owner that I found it $1,000 cheaper. She tells me that she will match that price & even go lower because she [I]needs[I] this sale!!
        This just makes me think, how much lower can this lady sell this dress to me??

#154 MrsMcs

MrsMcs
        • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

I was budgeting up to $3,000 for the dress...but I got lucky: found this amazing dress for $900 and the veil and alterations are included in the price of the dress....:) I don't like the veil that much, so I'll probably get another one but even tho... it's still an awesome deal!!

#155 hayley

hayley
          • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

My dress cost $1800 and it's beautiful. I actually fell in love with one that was $4200 but realized that was just too much for something I will wear for one day. I would have definitly bought it preowned if I could have found it, but I didn't. If there is an Alfred Angelo in your city, they have really affordable beautiful dresses.

#156 caporrone

caporrone
            • 109 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

I just got my dress this saturday at a trunk sale. the dress and veil (_15% discount) came to a total of $998. they are making the dress new so it's not even off of a rack - Brides by Demetrios in Macy's Bridal Salon. Alterations will be 150 for the bustle and 50 to add a built in bra and maybe another 100 if there are some other minor details. I was so happy because I was willing to spend up to 2500
              ~courte

#157 trini bride

trini bride
              • 84 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

I got my dress for $563 down from $1000. It was a brand new sample so I was able to take it home immediately. I am hoping that alterations will not be too much.

#158 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

Well...my first dress cost me (well...my mom!) $299 (+ tax) and then I sold it for $200. My second (and final!) dress cost $620 (+ tax) and alterations are included!!

#159 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                  • 609 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

I got my dress at the Running of the Brides so it was a steal at $250. I was glad because I had gone dress shopping before that to get an idea of what I liked and all the sub-$1000 seemed really cheaply made to me but I couldn't see myself spending over $1500 for my dress. The whole ceremony is barely costing me that! LOL

#160 rach220

rach220
                    • 532 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

I got my dress on ebay from a bridal shop that was going out of business. It was advertised as being a sample gown that was very dirty along the hem from being tried on so many times....and it was! But i took my chances anyway (paid $20 with shipping) and had it cleaned for $30, and it looks brand new. For a destination wedding and a dress I'm going to trash anyway, I didn't want to spend a fortune. I have very simple taste and it was exactly what I had been searching for in dozens of high end shops!
                      I will try to post pics soon...

Married July 16, 2009
                      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
                      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users