Sign in to follow this  
LandonO

Save the Date (S)

Has anyone figured out what to do (save the date/invitation) for a Mexico wedding and an @home reception for guest who could not attend the Mexico wedding? Do you invite everyone to both; knowing that some people will absolutely NOT go to Mexico?

We are planning an August wedding and I am so hesitant to send out the Save the Dates for Now Jade and not the reception, I have no idea what to do..... THanks for any ideas to help me out :)

I have the same question/concern... anyone with experience with this, your advice is appreciated!

My impression is that the answer depends on how many you plan to have/can afford to have at your destination wedding, and how big an AHR you can afford??

I believe most of the people who are coming to our AHR were invited to the wedding, there are some +1 situations where these ppl were not invited. We're sending seperate invites for our AHR, hopefully here in the next few months. We will invite essentially the same ppl but there's a few that were not invited or culdnt make our dw for obvious reasons.

This is tricky! Check out this link: http://dwbridesbio.weebly.com/dw-etiquette-qa.html

We are inviting everyone that is invited to the wedding, to the AHR. Basically, we are just keeping it simple with one list. If you are on it, you get invited to both :) If you aren't, you get invited to neither. lol. I didn't want to explain to anyone why they would be invited to one, but not the other. I could def. see if you had a really small destination wedding, then inviting more people to the AHR. I don't know, I think it totally depends on the couple, the budget, and the situation. Best of luck to you!!

Also, here is our wording (tentatively) for the wedding RSVP:

Insert 1: (RSVP Card)
Say "we do" reserve your spot on the beach by xx date
M______________________________________

____Bags are packed   ______Toasting from afar

Please join us for a sunset dinner cruise/rehearsal dinner
                      on the tenth of May
________Yes, dancing shoes are ready      ______No, I need to rest up for the wedding

Please join us for a Reception upon our return
                     on May 31, 2012

7:30 pm
                    at the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

________Yes, Margarita with salt  ______No margaritas for me