Photo

Post Your $1 Tree Goodies

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Okay Ladies... While in the process of planning my destination wedding, I have determined $1 Tree is my go to place. I don't visit the store as often as I apparently should, so I thought it would be great to start a thread that is specifically for $1 Tree. :o)

I will go ahead and post what I have purchased, when I get home I will take pictures of other items I have purchased, and I'll try to post pictures everytime I see a new HOT item. :o) I hope you all will do the same.

My coffee cups... Thinking of giving these to each guest for the drinking cup.. and can be used for of course coffee.

these come in Pink, Orange, Navy Blue, Brown, and Red

I wrapped my raffia fans in $1 Tree ribbon. :o)

First aid kits - from the $1 Tree.. I purchased the J&J ones from Target but these had more items for only 2cents more, so I returned the Target ones.

Hand Sanitizers.. 2 for $1

All my goodies from my trip to the $1 Tree. Kleenexs 8 for $1, Hand Sanitizer 2 for $1, Chapstick 3 for $1, Silicone watches for the kids $1.

I have also purchased vases that I will use for my At home Reception.. I will post pictures once I have them in DIY action. I plan to layer two peices of ribbon, one thick pink with a smaller orange and glue to the middle of the vase.

http://www.dollartre...o?method=search

#2 mrsnova

mrsnova
    • 280 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Love that you started this! I agree, Dollar Tree is an awesome place for good finds. I will too be checking in often as their items change frequently. 

So far I scored big with 48 clear tumblers!! 

Colorful 16-oz. Double-Wall Plastic Travel Tumblers with Straws & Lids

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
      wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
      planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by mrsnova 

Love that you started this! I agree, Dollar Tree is an awesome place for good finds. I will too be checking in often as their items change frequently. 

WooHoo!!!.. I can't find these in my area. :o( Did you purchase online or in store?  My 3 stores said they will not be ordering any more of these any time soon. :o(

The travel mug I posted above in pink.. I scored 3 pink and 20 orange today. :o)

#4 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
        • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Oh... I also wanted to mention. Anyone looking for wet wipes for OOT bags.. My local $1 Tree had a packages of wet wipes. 3 packs for $1. I almost snagged the whole rack but the expiration date was for 2/2013 and our wedding is 5/13.

Also, body sponges.. the puff ones were 5 for $1.

I'm now addicted to Ebay and the $1 Tree!.. lol

#5 mrsnova

mrsnova
          • 280 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

WooHoo!!!.. I can't find these in my area. :o( Did you purchase online or in store?  My 3 stores said they will not be ordering any more of these any time soon. :o(

The travel mug I posted above in pink.. I scored 3 pink and 20 orange today. :o)

I got them at a store here in Ft. Collins, CO. I checked one store in my area and they had none and the next store had quite a bit. I think it was last weeks "deal" so not sure if they will have anymore. I read somewhere else that a bride ordered cases through their 1-800 number but they were assorted in color. 

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
            wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
            planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#6 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
            • 438 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

So far our dollar store goodies are:

Sunblock

Aloe Gel

Clear Plastic Tumblers

I also plan on buying

toothbrushes  (they have 4 for $1)

Hand Sanitizers (they have 3 for a $1)

and medicine and band-aids for our sickness and in health kits

I am also thinking about razors.... just trying to think of necessities that people sometime forget

#7 valoy

valoy
              • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Okay Ladies... While in the process of planning my destination wedding, I have determined $1 Tree is my go to place. I don't visit the store as often as I apparently should, so I thought it would be great to start a thread that is specifically for $1 Tree. :o)

I will go ahead and post what I have purchased, when I get home I will take pictures of other items I have purchased, and I'll try to post pictures everytime I see a new HOT item. :o) I hope you all will do the same.

My coffee cups... Thinking of giving these to each guest for the drinking cup.. and can be used for of course coffee.

these come in Pink, Orange, Navy Blue, Brown, and Red

I wrapped my raffia fans in $1 Tree ribbon. :o)

First aid kits - from the $1 Tree.. I purchased the J&J ones from Target but these had more items for only 2cents more, so I returned the Target ones.

Hand Sanitizers.. 2 for $1

All my goodies from my trip to the $1 Tree. Kleenexs 8 for $1, Hand Sanitizer 2 for $1, Chapstick 3 for $1, Silicone watches for the kids $1.

I have also purchased vases that I will use for my At home Reception.. I will post pictures once I have them in DIY action. I plan to layer two peices of ribbon, one thick pink with a smaller orange and glue to the middle of the vase.

http://www.dollartre...o?method=search

Awesome!!! I was planning on going to the Christmas Tree store first and then the $1 Tree... I just went from feeling blah..to excited. Thanks!

#8 valoy

valoy
                • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by mrsnova 

This is great!

#9 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

So far our dollar store goodies are:

Sunblock

Aloe Gel

Clear Plastic Tumblers

I also plan on buying

toothbrushes  (they have 4 for $1)

Hand Sanitizers (they have 3 for a $1)

and medicine and band-aids for our sickness and in health kits

I am also thinking about razors.... just trying to think of necessities that people sometime forget

toothbrushes are a great idea!  I too am considering razors. Have you seen the toothbrush holders/covers. I believe they are 4 for $1.

Weird question, but how does the Aloe and Sunblock smell? I know it's tons cheaper than name brands, so it's def worth $1 each. the ones currently in my store expire soon, so I'm having to wait for a better expiration date.

#10 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                    • 438 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

The sunblock smells like plain sunblock no fancy smell but it does not stink. The aloe doesnt really have a smell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users