Travel Agent vs. Going it Alone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LCB803

LCB803
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

Any pros/cons to using a travel agent to book the honeymoon? I travel a lot so I consider myself pretty savvy with booking travel, and in this day and age, it seems really rare to use a TA. However, we have a bit of a complicated itinerary planned (multi-city itinerary to the Maldives via Dubai and Sri Lanka, returning via Paris), so it may make sense to use one.  Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Something else to consider though, is that we plan to use almost all hotel and frequent flier points for the the whole she-bang, so not I'm sure a TA would even consider working with us.

Thanks, and happy honeymooning!

#2 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
    • 340 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

We are using a TA and it saves me the hassle of playing TA to my 25+ guests. It's stressful enough to worry about planning a DW let alone worry about who sits where on the plane and multi city travel for my guests. And from the research I've been doing about the quotes my TA has been giving me are spot on with what I've been finding at most travel sites. Also, my TA is more than happy to work with my guests and my FI and I when it comes to using hotel/air credits. She really is a godsend because she gave us so many choices and personal insight to each location. I would suggest if you are going on a muti destination honeymoon you leave the details to a professional annnd I know our TA is going to make sure it is well known we are getting married so we can get all the perks and upgrades. Who doesn't love to get upgraded?? Anyways, if you are only planning a small wedding of just a handful then maybe it makes sense to just play the role of TA but honestly it's nice to have a professional TA who can answer all of grandma's questions on "how safe Mexico really is?" to finding smoking rooms for some guests. There are many TA's on the BDW website but if you are interesting in my TA's info just PM. Good Luck and Congrats!!!

#3 LCB803

LCB803
      • 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks, Melnryluvco! That is great advice.

#4 Ryves

Ryves
        • 157 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well since its a cruise I just booked the trip myself.

#5 jburress21

jburress21
          • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I always do the trips ourselves as well, but have always heard good things about a TA.

#6 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
            • 223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

Honestly, it's just easier to use a TA. I talked to an airline and they said they WOULD work with me but often doing it yourself leads to disaster and there's nobody to blame but yourself. Save yourself the stress!

#7 renatakramarz

renatakramarz
              • Site Supporter
              • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Our honeymoon will be Jamaica where our destination wedding is so we just booked it through a travel website.  It sounds like your gets pretty complicated becuase there are many stops.  That being the case, it wouln't hurt to consult a travel agent. It just makes things less complicated. Good luck!

#8 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                • 174 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think having a travel agent is the way to go, because it eliminates additional stress on your end.  My travel agent is absolutely amazing feel free to inbox me for her info.

#9 jburress21

jburress21
                  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

After planning many trips myself, we have decided to use a travel agent to help all the guest book rooms as well as all the flight plans for our wedding I will say she is a big help it prevents people from calling me and asking a million questions now I can just give them my TA phone number :D Highly recommend

#10 Xarocas

Xarocas
                    • 157 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Travel agency always helps! But we havent decided yet :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users