Jump to content

Photo

Newly engaged and trying to choose a venue!


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KK2013

KK2013
  • Jr. Member
  • 244 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hi Everyone!  I am trying to find a venue in the Riviera Maya, Cancun and Playa del Carmen area, but am having a really hard time.  I was set on the Now Jade, but after further research, the only place in the hotel you can have music after 11pm is the ballroom which I don't care for at all. I am trying to keep it economical for my guests to come, but I don't have much of a budget as for as wedding associated costs.  I would like to keep it under $200/night all inclusive for guests, and we will probably have a little over 100 attending the wedding.  There are a few children attending, so I can't go with an adults only resort.  I like the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda, but it's at the top of our price point at $191/person/night for double occupancy. My preference is a beach ceremony with a patio cocktail hour and indoor reception (NEEDS to be private).  There is one room I am absolutely in love with at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe...the French Restaurant there, Brasserie (picture attached).  I would LOVE suggestions of anywhere you think is great, and does anyone know if they will close Brasserie for a wedding, and if you can have a DJ/dancing in there?  Thank you all for your help!  I greatly appreciate it!



#2 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

    Insiders

  • Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

    Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

    Originally Posted by KK2013 

    Hi Everyone!  I am trying to find a venue in the Riviera Maya, Cancun and Playa del Carmen area, but am having a really hard time.  I was set on the Now Jade, but after further research, the only place in the hotel you can have music after 11pm is the ballroom which I don't care for at all. I am trying to keep it economical for my guests to come, but I don't have much of a budget as for as wedding associated costs.  I would like to keep it under $200/night all inclusive for guests, and we will probably have a little over 100 attending the wedding.  There are a few children attending, so I can't go with an adults only resort.  I like the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda, but it's at the top of our price point at $191/person/night for double occupancy. My preference is a beach ceremony with a patio cocktail hour and indoor reception (NEEDS to be private).  There is one room I am absolutely in love with at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe...the French Restaurant there, Brasserie (picture attached).  I would LOVE suggestions of anywhere you think is great, and does anyone know if they will close Brasserie for a wedding, and if you can have a DJ/dancing in there?  Thank you all for your help!  I greatly appreciate it!

    Hello KK2013,

     

    Have you every thought of Grand Puerto Real? They are family friendly and right in the heart of playa del carmen.  Depending on the month you want to get married, I am pretty sure they can work with your budget.

     

     

    Feel free to ask me anything and I will be happy to help.

     

    Happy Planning

    Joyce


    Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

    Have fun the best is yet to come!

     

    This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

    :)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

    Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

    Happy Planning!
    Joyce


    #3 KK2013

    KK2013
    • Jr. Member
    • 244 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
    • LocationNew Jersey

    Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

    Thank you!  We looked there, but thought it was a little too "kiddy" for our taste, but I have heard great things.  I think we have settled into the Paradisus La Esmeralda.  Fingers crossed it works out :)
     



    #4 KE928

    KE928
    • Newbie
    • 10 posts

      Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

      KK2013,

       

      First of all, Good Luck with your wedding! 

       

      I am in the same boat as you were awhile ago.  I just got back from Riviera Maya and have narrowed my choices down to 2 places for our Nov 2013 Wedding (estimated 100 people).  One being Paradisus La Esmeralda as well. :) I'm in the process of getting more information from both resorts. But my biggest question and concern is to whether or not to use a local travel agency for the wedding and group accommodations along with coordinating wedding plans?

       

      Or did you just strictly work through the hotels? Was it easy for your guests to make accommodations? How did you your save the dates? Did you make a website and include that info on the StD's? Sorry, so many questions. I'm just not sure what direction to go and would like some input from a source that has gone through the same thing, that is pretty recent. 

       

      Any insight would be helpful!! Thank you!!



      #5 LCB803

      LCB803
      • Newbie
      • 89 posts

        Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

        Originally Posted by KK2013 

        Thank you!  We looked there, but thought it was a little too "kiddy" for our taste, but I have heard great things.  I think we have settled into the Paradisus La Esmeralda.  Fingers crossed it works out :)
         

        Hi KK!

         

        We are looking at Paradisus La Esmeralda, too, for the same reason-- almost all of our 65 guests are couples or couples coming without their kids, but there are a couple exceptions (including us-- my FI has two boys-- and my sister). We also need accommodation that offers upgrade options for those with higher price points, like my boss and other execs at my company. Would you agree that the Paradisus could fit the bill? Have you visited?

         

        Also, is $191/per person, per night the published rate, or what they quoted you for the wedding block? Do they offer any perks, i.e., book 20 rooms and you get one free? Which of the on-resort venues have you picked for your ceremony/reception/other ancillary events? I know they have beach, poolside, and palapa venues, but not sure what else.

         

        Thanks!



        #6 KK2013

        KK2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
        • LocationNew Jersey

        Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

        Originally Posted by LCB803 

        Hi KK!

         

        We are looking at Paradisus La Esmeralda, too, for the same reason-- almost all of our 65 guests are couples or couples coming without their kids, but there are a couple exceptions (including us-- my FI has two boys-- and my sister). We also need accommodation that offers upgrade options for those with higher price points, like my boss and other execs at my company. Would you agree that the Paradisus could fit the bill? Have you visited?

         

        Also, is $191/per person, per night the published rate, or what they quoted you for the wedding block? Do they offer any perks, i.e., book 20 rooms and you get one free? Which of the on-resort venues have you picked for your ceremony/reception/other ancillary events? I know they have beach, poolside, and palapa venues, but not sure what else.

         

        Thanks!


        Yes, there are definitely different room categories available.  I am going down in a week and will have a much better handle on what is going on :)  We booked our block with the travel agent for some rooms in La Esmeralda and some in La Perla.  The only things I'm worried about now is that it is going to create a divide in the group.  I am hoping I can settle this when I go down.  The $191 is the group rate, offered at a minimum of 10 rooms.  For every ten rooms, they give you a free room (I believe for 3 nights, double occupancy), max 3 free rooms.  Our ceremony is on Gabi Bridge and our reception is at Gabi Beach Club.  Send me your email address and I can send you a document that has pictures and descriptions of the venues :)



        #7 KK2013

        KK2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
        • LocationNew Jersey

        Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

        Originally Posted by KE928 

        KK2013,

         

        First of all, Good Luck with your wedding! 

         

        I am in the same boat as you were awhile ago.  I just got back from Riviera Maya and have narrowed my choices down to 2 places for our Nov 2013 Wedding (estimated 100 people).  One being Paradisus La Esmeralda as well. :) I'm in the process of getting more information from both resorts. But my biggest question and concern is to whether or not to use a local travel agency for the wedding and group accommodations along with coordinating wedding plans?

         

        Or did you just strictly work through the hotels? Was it easy for your guests to make accommodations? How did you your save the dates? Did you make a website and include that info on the StD's? Sorry, so many questions. I'm just not sure what direction to go and would like some input from a source that has gone through the same thing, that is pretty recent. 

         

        Any insight would be helpful!! Thank you!!


        Thank you, you also!

         

        I would have to say that it is easiest on you to use a travel agent, though maybe not the most cost effective.  I like the idea of having everything run through one person who keeps track of everything, and can list their contact information on our wedding website.  It costs nothing more to the guests, and costs nothing more to you (ultimately).  The only disadvantage is that you have to pay $100 for every room in your block, which the balance for your room comes out of 60 days prior and then the rest gets refunded to you at that time.  It's a tough pill to swallow that they are holding $5600 of mine until 60 days before the wedding, but I netted out not worrying because we chose a pricey room close to that for ourselves, and we just think of it as paying for the room now.  Another advantage of using the TA is that she added a complimentary welcome drink (waiter served) to our block, so there is an additional event where I can hand out the welcome bags--the resort charges $3 each to deliver the,/ 

         

        None of my guests have booked yet, but I can imagine it being VERY smooth.  I used Wendy Hicks on the recommendation of other ladies on the forum, and she is fantastic, responsive and very helpful.  I am going down to Playa del Carmen next week and have an appt. for a tour and tasting, make up and hair and engagement photos.  After I receive the photos, I am going to have the save the dates made.  I will list the wedding website on there which points to Wendy. 

         

        Please ask away on the questions!  I was very confused as to how to approach everything at first and am happy to help anyone!



        #8 Kris10Bshaw

        Kris10Bshaw
        • Newbie
        • 4 posts

          Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

          Hi KK2013!

           

          This is my first post on this website after trying to catch up on ALL the information!  I think I have finally decided on the Paradisus Playa del Carmen as I know my dates are available and I am just waiting on the contract!  I initially booked at Paradisus Punta Cana but they accidentally double booked me and my date was actually not available.  Back to square one.  I love the Playa location, but like you, I will have a few kids there and I am trying to not make it super expensive for my guests.  Can you send me the document with the locations and descriptions of the venues?  I am confused about where the kids will be able to go and not go and with one of them being my niece, I want to make sure she is a part of everything.

           

          I am using Babs as my TA with Wright Travel also from the recommendations on this site and she has been amazing!  I am also thinking about using the bridge and the Gabi Bridge and Beach Club.  Do you know if there is an extra charge for either location?

           

          I cannot wait to hear about your trip.  I hope you bring back lots of pictures and information!

           

          Thank you!!
           



          #9 KK2013

          KK2013
          • Jr. Member
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

          Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

          Originally Posted by Kris10Bshaw 

          Hi KK2013!

           

          This is my first post on this website after trying to catch up on ALL the information!  I think I have finally decided on the Paradisus Playa del Carmen as I know my dates are available and I am just waiting on the contract!  I initially booked at Paradisus Punta Cana but they accidentally double booked me and my date was actually not available.  Back to square one.  I love the Playa location, but like you, I will have a few kids there and I am trying to not make it super expensive for my guests.  Can you send me the document with the locations and descriptions of the venues?  I am confused about where the kids will be able to go and not go and with one of them being my niece, I want to make sure she is a part of everything.

           

          I am using Babs as my TA with Wright Travel also from the recommendations on this site and she has been amazing!  I am also thinking about using the bridge and the Gabi Bridge and Beach Club.  Do you know if there is an extra charge for either location?

           

          I cannot wait to hear about your trip.  I hope you bring back lots of pictures and information!

           

          Thank you!!
           


          Hi!

           

          Yes, I can definitely send you the document with locations, and another that shows the upcharge for certain locations!  Send me your email address and I'd be happy to shoot that over!

           

          The resort is absolutely gorgeous!  You are in great hands!  The Gabi bridge and beach club is perfect because everything is close together, and easy for guests!






          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users