Jump to content

Photo

Coffee Table Wedding Books?..


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,350 posts

    Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

    Good Morning Ladies,

     

    Now that I have attending several bridal shows, I love the coffee table books that some photographers offer!!.. Unfortunetly, my photographer does not offer these books. Does anyone know of a great site to design your own? Or someone in Alabama or Georgia that will make these?



    #2 Houstonnlh

    Houstonnlh
    • Newbie
    • 116 posts

      Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

      Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

      Good Morning Ladies,

       

      Now that I have attending several bridal shows, I love the coffee table books that some photographers offer!!.. Unfortunetly, my photographer does not offer these books. Does anyone know of a great site to design your own? Or someone in Alabama or Georgia that will make these?

       Hey! I was actually just about to post this when I saw your question. I got a coupon code and designed my own through Shutterfly:

      Promotion Code: DV37-CVR2-0JED-Y5XKTT
       Offer ends September 30, 2012

       

      I think total it cost me $15 because I added some pages. I'm planning to use it as our guestbook at the wedding if it turns out well. I will post some pictures when it arrives! I used our engagement pics in ours since that's all we have at this time. Hope the code works for you.



      #3 MissBubbles205

      MissBubbles205
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,350 posts

        Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

        Originally Posted by Houstonnlh 

         Hey! I was actually just about to post this when I saw your question. I got a coupon code and designed my own through Shutterfly:

        Promotion Code: DV37-CVR2-0JED-Y5XKTT
         Offer ends September 30, 2012

         

        I think total it cost me $15 because I added some pages. I'm planning to use it as our guestbook at the wedding if it turns out well. I will post some pictures when it arrives! I used our engagement pics in ours since that's all we have at this time. Hope the code works for you.

         I was thinking of doing the same thing for a guest book! Thanks for sharing your code! :o)

         

        For our wedding pictures, I want one of those really thick photo books, with the acrylic covers. I have a feeling those may be a little tougher to find.



        #4 JayKay

        JayKay
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

        Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

        I wanted a coffee table book, but once my photographer told me he charges 500 dollars for one I decided I would just make my own.  I ended up making a book with all our vacation books (from blurb.com) and one with all our wedding photos (from mypublisher.com).  I signed up for emails for both sites and they send you codes in the emails every so often for deals.  I found both were fairly easy to work with.  I played around with both for awhile and overall I am pleased with both books, however, I think blurb is a little easier to work with and more customizable then mypublisher.  However, I went with mypublisher for the wedding photo book as they offer higher quality paper and cover options.  That being said, my good friend is a professional photographer and she always uses blurb to make her coffee table books for clients.  I think just play around with both and check out the pros and cons of each to decide which you prefer. 



        #5 Jenna1511

        Jenna1511
        • Jr. Member
        • 209 posts

          Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

          These are great ideas! Was thinking of a photo book too! Thanks for the sharing and advice!

          #6 WildAngel09

          WildAngel09
          • Newbie
          • 82 posts

            Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

            I too love the coffee table books!  Thank goodness ours is included with our photographer price!!



            #7 shan0487

            shan0487
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

            Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

            Just an FYI- your code is a one time use thing- I tried to use it and it would not let me! Thanks for sharing though! :)

            Originally Posted by Houstonnlh 

             Hey! I was actually just about to post this when I saw your question. I got a coupon code and designed my own through Shutterfly:

            Promotion Code: DV37-CVR2-0JED-Y5XKTT
             Offer ends September 30, 2012

             

            I think total it cost me $15 because I added some pages. I'm planning to use it as our guestbook at the wedding if it turns out well. I will post some pictures when it arrives! I used our engagement pics in ours since that's all we have at this time. Hope the code works for you.



            #8 Houstonnlh

            Houstonnlh
            • Newbie
            • 116 posts

              Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

              Originally Posted by shan0487 

              Just an FYI- your code is a one time use thing- I tried to use it and it would not let me! Thanks for sharing though! :)

               Bummer! Sorry about that... I got an email through David's Bridal with that code for whatever reason...



              #9 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

              No problem- why doesn't David's send me an email?! LOL. 

              Originally Posted by Houstonnlh 

               Bummer! Sorry about that... I got an email through David's Bridal with that code for whatever reason...






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users