Photo

Wedding Insurance?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 allison1229

allison1229
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hi, I'm having a destination wedding on Maui and am wondering if it's a good investment to purchase wedding insurance. Has anyone else purchased this and did you like the company you used? I'm also considering travel insurance and am wondering if anyone has an opinion of which is better for a destination wedding - travel versus wedding insurance. Thanks!

#2 jordanb

jordanb
    • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I'm curious about this too- I have travel insurance, but so far no wedding insurance...

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#3 kisha311

kisha311
      • Site Supporter
      • 259 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have purchased both. The reason being, I wanted to ensure that everything that I purchase related to the wedding is covered, to include the resort, photographers, DJ, etc. I don't want to lose any of the deposits or purchases paid in full in the event of any emergency. I purchased travel insurance because that will cover the flights and the actual stay at the resort. I am pretty certain that travel insurance does not cover the wedding at the resort, that is an extra item.  I am a very type A person with a plan A, plan B, plan C, etc. for all things so I like to be covered. 

My wedding insurance is through the Travelers Insurance company and the trip insurance is through Alliance (I think). Anyway, hope this helps, but feel free to ask any other questions.

-Kisha 

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#4 allison1229

allison1229
        • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

Thanks for the info! I was thinking that both might be a good idea as well. I'll check out those companies.

#5 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
          • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by kisha311 

I have purchased both. The reason being, I wanted to ensure that everything that I purchase related to the wedding is covered, to include the resort, photographers, DJ, etc. I don't want to lose any of the deposits or purchases paid in full in the event of any emergency. I purchased travel insurance because that will cover the flights and the actual stay at the resort. I am pretty certain that travel insurance does not cover the wedding at the resort, that is an extra item.  I am a very type A person with a plan A, plan B, plan C, etc. for all things so I like to be covered. 

My wedding insurance is through the Travelers Insurance company and the trip insurance is through Alliance (I think). Anyway, hope this helps, but feel free to ask any other questions.

-Kisha 

Hi Kisha,

I'm trying to figure out what their "covered reasons" are for cancellation/postponement. Would you be able to tell me if its discussed or detailed out in your insurance policy.

TIA

#6 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
            • 360 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Any Canadian brides out there that have purchased the wedding insurance? I'm not sure if the companies above are within Canada, and I'm considering getting the wedding insurance. Just not sure what company to go with.

#7 Mimi127

Mimi127
              • 221 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I believe it's in your best interest to get insurance because things do happen. Better to be safe than sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users