Photo

French DIY Passport invitations

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Katryne

Katryne
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Alright so here are my passeport invitations.  A big thank you thank you to Steph (skp1) who's invitations I fell in love with and to KCB2011 who had Canadian supplier info which helped a lot!

So here's what I bought

Anthracite text weight paper from paper-garden.ca

Silver text weight paper from paper-garden.ca

Envelopes (A-2 and A-7) from paper-garden.ca

Lined paper from Staples.

Ordered rubber stamps from Simonstamp

printed at my mom's on a Canon inkjet printer

Corner puncher from walmart

elmer stick glue

glue gun 

Started by playing with my text and logo's on Word.  Borrowed ideas from the Aylee template but played with everything myself.

Printed the text on the lined paper.  Cut out that paper, sewed them together with a beading needle and viscose thread. Rounded the outer corners

then I worked the cover by doing some embossing.  Very surprised by that result!  Glued the inside pages to the cover. Rounded the outer corner of the cover and that fixed the inside pages at the same time.

Folded the paper and cut it out to do the folders.  Printed and cut the paper to do the RSVP tags.  Used a hole puncher and ribon to finish them off.  Stamped our K in the back.  Put everything in the folder, closed them with wax (very cool little wax sticks that you just put in the glue gun.  Put everything in the big envelope and VOILA!  We're Katryne and Kevin so we thought K square was really funny.. hahahah we're quirky like that! :)  They've all just been mailed out! so excited!!

#2 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

These are beautiful, great job!

#3 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
      • 209 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

These are gorgeous! You did a wonderful job!

#4 jolene028

jolene028
        • 588 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Great job!

#5 papoue

papoue
        • 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Wow, tr¨s beau travail!

On the other hand, I've noticed that you're from Mtl too...did you work with a TA?  If so, can you tell me with whom?  I have a hard time to find someone...

Thanks ;-)

Originally Posted by Katryne 

Alright so here are my passeport invitations.  A big thank you thank you to Steph (skp1) who's invitations I fell in love with and to KCB2011 who had Canadian supplier info which helped a lot!

So here's what I bought

elmer stick glue

glue gun 

Started by playing with my text and logo's on Word.  Borrowed ideas from the Aylee template but played with everything myself.

Printed the text on the lined paper.  Cut out that paper, sewed them together with a beading needle and viscose thread. Rounded the outer corners

then I worked the cover by doing some embossing.  Very surprised by that result!  Glued the inside pages to the cover. Rounded the outer corner of the cover and that fixed the inside pages at the same time.

Folded the paper and cut it out to do the folders.  Printed and cut the paper to do the RSVP tags.  Used a hole puncher and ribon to finish them off.  Stamped our K in the back.  Put everything in the folder, closed them with wax (very cool little wax sticks that you just put in the glue gun.  Put everything in the big envelope and VOILA!  We're Katryne and Kevin so we thought K square was really funny.. hahahah we're quirky like that! :)  They've all just been mailed out! so excited!!

#6 Katryne

Katryne
          • 260 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Merci Papoue! :)

I'm using Air Canada Vacation.  I needed a transporter that was going down south on weekdays (we've chosen Thursday) because I have a lot of health workers in the group who work every other weekend.  I knew which resort I wanted to go with and I wanted someone who I was sure wasn't going to cancel their flight! ...  So I'm going to have to do a lot of stuff myself but I don't mind!

#7 sosodj

sosodj
            • 199 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

So here's what I bought

elmer stick glue

glue gun 

These are sooo nice, great job. JHow did you emboss the cover, did you do them yourself or get them done professionally?

#8 Katryne

Katryne
              • 260 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by sosodj 

These are sooo nice, great job. JHow did you emboss the cover, did you do them yourself or get them done professionally?

did it myself with rubber stamps, embossing ink, embossing powder and heater.  Here's how: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BtN-EiK-sig

#9 papoue

papoue
                • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Merci Papoue! :)

I'm using Air Canada Vacation.  I needed a transporter that was going down south on weekdays (we've chosen Thursday) because I have a lot of health workers in the group who work every other weekend.  I knew which resort I wanted to go with and I wanted someone who I was sure wasn't going to cancel their flight! ...  So I'm going to have to do a lot of stuff myself but I don't mind!

Wish you a pleasant (and of course, without any complications) planning :-)

#10 sosodj

sosodj
                  • 199 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

did it myself with rubber stamps, embossing ink, embossing powder and heater.  Here's how: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BtN-EiK-sig

i'm so intrigued with the embossing, I think that this is amazing

Is the cover 3 different stamps or one? Did they all come from Simonstamp?

I’m from montreal too and was wondering where did you get your embossing ink and embossing powder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users