Photo

How early did you buy your dress?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

I bought my dress in March 2011 and got married May 2012. As soon as I got my dress, I had my first fitting within a week and my last fitting was just a week before my wedding! I was starting to get nervous becuz my tailor was so precise that I actually had 5 fittings!

So that being said, I dont think that 11 months out is too far away at all! My dress had a corset back which meant I could fluctuate in size quite a bit, but I have also not been but 5 pounds more than what I weighed as a teenager. I would order your dress at the size you are now because they can always make a dress smaller, but if you order your dress smaller and dont get down to the size you ordered, they cant make it bigger!

Originally Posted by safety75 

I have found a dress I really want, but my wedding isn't for a little less than 11 months.  Is it too early? Like all brides, I hope to lose a few pounds before the wedding.  Just curious at what point everyone bought their dresses.  

#12 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Haha that's so true though! I like that analogy! :-)

#13 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

They say you should buy them a minimum for six months before, and 9 months to a year is even better. Depending on the designer, it can take that long - mine took 6 months! I think you should go for it!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#14 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
        • 438 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I ordered my dress a year in advance and it took a 5 months to arrive. 

#15 safety75

safety75
          • 287 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

They say you should buy them a minimum for six months before, and 9 months to a year is even better. Depending on the designer, it can take that long - mine took 6 months! I think you should go for it!

Thanks Jordan! I had no idea they should be purchased that early. I'm almost to the point the taking the plunge! Lol

#16 safety75

safety75
            • 287 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I ordered my dress a year in advance and it took a 5 months to arrive. 

Thanks! After herring everyone's responses I don't think its too early at all!

#17 jordanb

jordanb
              • 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I didn't either unitl I went shopping at 10 months out, and they told me I was cutting it close for some designers!

Do it :)

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#18 Belt

Belt
                • Banned
                • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

i will buy  my wedding dress 2 months before the months ,  it's the link    

#19 Belt

Belt
                  • Banned
                  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

i  will buy it 2 months before the wedding  ,it's the link   http://www.kissdress...dding-gown.html

i like it so so so so much ,they promise to make a custom dress for me but no extra charges ,,,omg,i think they will give me a surprise ...

#20 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
                    • 92 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Our wedding is August 4, 2013 and I'm actually going to pick up my gown next Friday from the salon! It was a sample so I was just making payments on it, but I found her last month. I knew she was exactly what I needed! So it's definitely not too early. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users