Photo

any suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

Are you only looking in Key West? I got married in Clearwater Beach (just outside of Tampa) and had everything in one place. No need for rental cars during the week either.

#12 crys17tal

crys17tal
    • 106 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

well i have looked at a lot of places in florida but really dint like any of the others. i didn't really think about clearwater. what is the name of the place you used?

#13 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
      • 490 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort. Its great there with lots of things for guests to do without having to rent a car. Its on the beach and a block from the marina.

#14 mpajkos

mpajkos
        • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

Our guests are not staying at the hotel as it is about $500 a night! but we found a bunch of great B&Bs for them to stay in. We spoke with the owners and there will be enough rooms for all 50 of our guest at one B&B but we listed some options on the STD. the room will run around $200 a night. some less and some a little more depending on size

#15 mpajkos

mpajkos
          • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

oh keep in mind the entire island is only 3miles so if they are staying at the doubletree it is like a $10 cab ride each way. not too bad

#16 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

we just got a std for captiva island, fl. the place is called 'tween waters inn.

#17 crys17tal

crys17tal
              • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

what B&B did you use? We tried looking into that but were afraid there would not be enough room for everyone. you said 50 so that should be more than enough.

#18 luckygirl

luckygirl
                • 339 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

I don't know if you're still looking, but we are doing our wedding and reception at the Hyatt on Front St. Beachside resort to me is too far from the action, even though the island is but so big, we just found that being in the heart of the action would be more fun. There's also the Southernmost Hotel Collection where there are 3 hotels with various price ranges. You could have the wedding and reception at the same place and they have reasonable (HA!) prices for the packages. There are soo many B&B's that are affordable. Someone mentioned Angelina B&B to me. One of my friends already booked her hotel at the Pier House for 219/night..during Memorial Day weekend. We found a great deal on gtahotels.com for our room at the Hyatt. Check out sidestep.com and do a search, that was helpful for me. Hope this helps!

#19 mpajkos

mpajkos
                  • 359 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

How is the planning going? Haven't heard from you in a while wanted to see what was new! The simonton court is a nice B&B if still looking for guest spots. We also suggested the Angelina house to our friends however 4 of there rooms have shared bathrooms and they don't have TVs but who watches tv in key west anyway! And for there prices you can't beat it!

#20 crys17tal

crys17tal
                    • 106 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

sorry Melissa I've been meaning to email you to thank you for all the info that you have sent me been busy at work. I like the beachside but yes pricey. On the one you sent from ft Zach i cannot find any contact info. Not sure if maybe you forgot it or I am missing it. I kind of have it narrowed down tho. i also told my TA to look into the same B&B you chose. I more than likely an gonna go with ft Zach for the ceremony. lucky.... i love the hyatt too looks very nice. Im so glad that there are more Key West brides on here!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users